Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get the letter?

Options
  • 22-06-2005 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭

I got a letter today telling me to come in either today, tomorrow or Friday to discuss my options for 2nd year. Did anyone else get this letter?

And do we definitely have to go in? I don't like the idea of going all the way over to UCD for a conversation that will probably last me 5 minutes. It's summer for crying out loud!

So is there anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Nope but it sounds attendance related. you're in arts right? are you told to talk to somebody in arts or some admin dude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ro-Ro

Pish, they don't care enough about engineers to discuss what our options are. I already know mine anyway, stayin in bed or goin to the bar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

In engineering getting "the letter" is usually a bad thing cos you're being given out to for having bad attendance and have to come in for a meeting with the head of department about it - they only come at Christmas holidays though. It sounds like this might be more related to your subject choice or something for next year - prob worthwhile going in MNG, just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I should have read the fine print. :o
    It's actually from the Philosophy department. One of the lecturers wants to speak to me. Perhaps some people here doing Philosophy in Arts have received the letter as well?

It says that if I would like to come to discuss my options for 2nd Year that I can be seen either today, Thursday or Friday.

I don't want to do Philosophy though. I intend on dropping it. Is it worth going in do you think? The lecturer has left his email. Perhaps I should email him to see what the story is?

I just hope it's nothing mandatory that will hurt my chances if I don't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Liesia

Which lecturer was it from? Gerard Casey? It's probably to do with elective options for next year seen as the modularisation is starting. Same way as you had to pick your english courses early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Liesia wrote:
    which lecturer was it from? Gerard Casey? Its probably to do with elective options for next year seen as the modularistaion is starting. Same way as you had to pick your english courses early.

Woah! (Keanu moment!) - super lurker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I got that to MNG but I failed philosophy so its probably just some kind of general thing about second year philosophy I guess.

Liesia wrote:
    Which lecturer was it from? Gerard Casey? It's probably to do with elective options for next year seen as the modularisation is starting. Same way as you had to pick your english courses early.

Yeah Casey. It's not that important then?
    I got that to MNG but I failed philosophy so its probably just some kind of general thing about second year philosophy I guess.

Yeah you're probably right. I think I'll be giving it a miss then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

They're just trying to "pimp" their subject, to get more ppl to do it. They do that in the French Department too....kinda weird...meh! Well done on ye ol results by the way MNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Liesia

kasintahan wrote:

Woah! (Keanu moment!) - super lurker!

What can I say????? ;):p

• Advertisement

Alana wrote:
    They're just trying to "pimp" their subject, to get more ppl to do it. They do that in the French Department too....kinda weird...meh! Well done on ye ol results by the way MNG

I see. Well I've made my mind up that I'm dropping it so I didn't go in. Well done on your results too by the way.

Advertisement