Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craobh Crua

Options
  • 22-06-2005 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

To advertise on boards contact adverts@boards.ie

If you wish to announce something of interest to a particular forum's readers check that forum's rules. In the absense of a rule on the matter you may assume that all such announcements are prohibited.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fionna_rua

Hey...

Why was Cristoir banned may I ask? As a new member he obviously wasn't aware of what moderators considered spam on this board. I would have thought giving people on here a site to look at which they might be interested in would only be a good thing. If not, maybe just telling people instead of banning them straight away would be good.

Any help would be great.

Thanks...Fionna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Fionna please read the charter,
    this is not just the policy of the paganism forum set by the mods but of
    the Whole of boards.ie

It is one thing for a poster who is part of the community to share info about a service, it is another for some one to create an account to advertise a service for thier own benifit. This is pimping or blatant advertising and is a banible offense. (so is not reading the charter which if you read the charter you would know.)

No services or events are allowed to be advertised or refer with out the permission of the Mods for this forum.

Have a nice day.
    Thaed

oh and your flashing gif sig in in volation of the rules as well,
    Originally Posted by Cloud

* For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [./quote] tags.
    * For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=252965

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

fionna_rua wrote:
    As a new member he obviously wasn't aware of what moderators considered spam on this board.
    In order to post here s/he had to go to a page where "Charter - Not Reading the Rules is Against the Rules" is near the top.

They then managed to still violate the anti-advertising rule (the norm on Internet forums, lists and newsgroups, has been decades), even though this particular section of boards had a deliberately relatively tolerant approach in allowing people to ask moderators to make announcements, precisely because they could be of benefit to this forum's users as you say.

So after going out of our way to say that this part of boards will be more tolerant of advertising in a restricted manner, they didn't have the time to read the rules or the respect for the group they were new to to find out what are the accepted norms here.

In any case, it was such blatant Spam that had it been on a forum where I am not a moderator I would have baned them anyway because I am one of the people with rights to ban from the entire site, to deal with general trouble-makers and Spammers.

This thread is closed. Take any further complaints about the matter to the Feedback forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement