Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MS Virtual PC - anyone have it?

• 22-06-2005 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I am having problems getting this programme to work. Does anyone have it, and how have they installed it and subsequent installation of another Windoze on it? I have a RAID 0 setup for c:\ so its not detecting it, and the readme file is useless... Also, as I am on XP Pro, when I install the W2K disc to install it on the virtual drive I did make up on my f:\ drive, XP won't let the install functions be enabled because its an older Windoze version.

Seanie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭kizzy2003

Seanie post the question here . When I was setting up mine had trouble and got my answers from the knowledge base and the newsgroup.

Warning about Virtual PC. You need loads of ram if you are planning to run a few o/s. Possibly about twice as much as the recommended for each o/s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

kizzy2003 wrote:
    Warning about Virtual PC. You need loads of ram if you are planning to run a few o/s. Possibly about twice as much as the recommended for each o/s

Thanks Chris. I have 3GB of RAM, so that should be enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

i use this a bit. I have a dual boot machine, both win xp pro - one for games one for work. On my work os i have virtual pc 2004 - in this i run another win xp as I have installed visual studio 2005 - as its a beta, its easier to run it in a virtual pc window in case you need to trash it

have 1.5 gig - runs fine - almost as fast as normal os

Advertisement