Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-climax?

Options
  • 22-06-2005 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭

Anyone else got this? 2 days after finishing and i'm not screaming "yaay, i'm free. hurrah!"... it's more like "oh..what do i do now...hmmm... CAO?..find a job? tidy my room?"...

aw... i promised myself this wouldn't happen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Ya I feel the same.
    I mean Im definately glad its over with but I havent had time to even consider my plans for the summer, so now Im faced with the prospect of three months spreading out in front of me with nothing to do :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

yeah, it's kinda annoying, now I have a whole other to do list
    1. Find a Job
    2. Tidy books etc
    3. Go shopping 4 holiday
    4. Fill out CAO....still haven't a f*ckin clue what I want to do....
    5. Get drunk

Why can't I muster up any enthusiasm.....?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Welcome to Real Life(tm)

Its all downhill from here

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeah, it's kinda annoying, now I have a whole other to do list
    1. Find a Job
    2. Tidy books etc
    3. Go shopping 4 holiday
    4. Fill out CAO....still haven't a f*ckin clue what I want to do....
    5. Get drunk

Why can't I muster up any enthusiasm.....?

because we all need a break, i was given the same lecture about the books. I see myself going down to the bookshop with them and they saying "sorry they all out dated we don't want them"

pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Well i'm only finished today so this hasn't happened yet.....pub tonight wahoo....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Cremo wrote:
    because we all need a break, i was given the same lecture about the books. I see myself going down to the bookshop with them and they saying "sorry they all out dated we don't want them"

pain in the hole.

nah wasn't given a lecture - my parents are always telling me to relax, take the summer off, etc. but I will go mental if I have to stay at home all summer!!!!

I'm going to keep the books, just in case.....oh god........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

im gonna keep em cos i cldne be ar*** bringin em down to the bookshop
    hearin the books i bought 24 months ago are outta date
    with their smug smiles
    ill beat them
    with a stick
    a big stick

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm just so tired, I don't think I'll be able to get ou of bed tomorrow morning! I'm off to Italy on Friday morning, but I'd say once I'm back I'm going to be at a bit of a loss of anything to do until I start work.
    I'm so happy the Leaving is done, there was so much stuff I wasn't doing because I was telling myself I should study instead - now I can read books, watch TV and generally relax like I haven't done in ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

Fishie wrote:
    I'm just so tired, I don't think I'll be able to get ou of bed tomorrow morning! I'm off to Italy on Friday morning, but I'd say once I'm back I'm going to be at a bit of a loss of anything to do until I start work.
    I'm so happy the Leaving is done, there was so much stuff I wasn't doing because I was telling myself I should study instead - now I can read books, watch TV and generally relax like I haven't done in ages
    tell me about it
    home and away awaits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I don't think it's really sunk in yet that I'm free - some day next week it'll probably hit me, and I'll go nuts then, but for now I'm just mellow and sleepy.

smiley one - count yourself lucky, my parents have been on at me since before the Leaving Cert even ended about getting a job for the summer so that I can pay my own way when it comes to college...stupid real life. I know it's better than school, but it still sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

i feel fantabulous to be honest.. its def hit home for me and if it hasnt, i cant wait till it does

Advertisement