Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths

Options
  • 22-06-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

probably harder to predict what style of questions are going to comeup in this than any other exam (atleast any one im doing) due to the syllabus being so vague that they can more or less justify asking you to do whatever they want

even still anybody have any thoughts on whats going to come up?

Comments

Eh...............I forsee a projectile going down a slope for 3 (b).

I also forsee scale pans with weight for 4 (b) I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

There really is no way to know. I just hope the paper isn't nasty as it is some years when they are feeling cruel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

if a 1999 type paper comes up its gonna be a rough 2 and a half hours alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Hmm no you can't predict,

...however unlike other papers they don't care if the same thing comes up two years in a row, cos one of theoreoms for moments of inertia came up two years running.

So don't leave something out just because it came up last year.

I got nothing :rolleyes: .

Gileadi wrote:

Oh please don't remind me of that! What the hell was going on in that paper?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

It really depends on what questions you've concentrated on or are good at on whether the paper is a hard or not.

Which sucks :mad: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I've done absolutely nothing for applied maths in the last month. I'm kinda feeling not so hot about it. Hopefully, I'll wing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TaraC

i c them repeatin a wedge question like last yr

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Hey, good luck to all of you - I took the easy way out and dropped Applied Maths, but I hope you get a nice paper!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

Gileadi wrote:

Strangely enough I didn't mind the 1999 paper, i can't see what all the fuss was about....

• Advertisement
Advertisement