Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My iriver H120 wont turn on!

Options
  • 22-06-2005 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I left my h120 charging overnight, then this morning i tried to turn it on but nothing happens.
    SO came home from work and tried to charge it again, the green light comes on, but the player wont turn on.

My head is wrecked because i have 18gigs of music, documents and stuff on it.
    Will i have to bring back and get it fixed? Or is there anyway to solve this?
    Another problem is i cant find the recipt for it as i bought it at xmas with lots of other stuff, but i did pay with my credit card so would that be proof of purchase?I bought it in Peats by the way.

ANy suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

you used the right charger? maybe u put your mobile charger in by mistake and fried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

you used the right charger? maybe u put your mobile charger in by mistake and fried it?

There is a possability this happened, as the nokia charger is very alike.
    Im sure that voids the warrenty then if they discover this?Dam im so annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yeah, sounds like that happened alright. fries it completely but looks like it is charging it normally. don't know about how to fix it dude sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Did the same thing here - damn lookalike Nokia Charger:mad:

Anyone know somewhere reliable to fix this problem on an iRiver?

MG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Youre in luck. Exactly the same thing happened to me.

see this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054849799&highlight=broken+iriver

Mine was a year and half old, I rang iRiver, they gave me and address and told me to send it back and that they would repair/replace. My advice is DONT tell them you put the wrong charger in...just say it wont turn on after a normal charge.

Its a pitty you dont have your recipt, they will take it back if you still have your serial number and its still in warranty ( for a europe bought iriver its 2 years ).

Check the back of the player, there should be a sticker with the serial code on it.

heres the number to ring, I found them to be very helpful, the guy who answers the phone speaks a bit fast though...

iRiver European Customer Service in Germany;
    Tel. +49-6196-470-100
    Fax +49-6196-470-110

G'luck.

• Advertisement

Cheers Tusky,

Lookin for your input:
    Ok, here's the low-down. Its less than 2 years old (April 2004) but I got it on Amazon.com (US). It looks like the warranty in the US is only 12 months, and not 24 like in Europe. What do you reckon, will they be able to tell that its a US unit from the serial number? Should I try to raise a RMA from the European site or just call 'em. Did they give you a RMA number?
    Did they repair or replace in the end?
    What d'ya reckon

MtM
    Tusky wrote:
    Youre in luck. Exactly the same thing happened to me.

see this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054849799&highlight=broken+iriver

Mine was a year and half old, I rang iRiver, they gave me and address and told me to send it back and that they would repair/replace. My advice is DONT tell them you put the wrong charger in...just say it wont turn on after a normal charge.

Its a pitty you dont have your recipt, they will take it back if you still have your serial number and its still in warranty ( for a europe bought iriver its 2 years ).

Check the back of the player, there should be a sticker with the serial code on it.

heres the number to ring, I found them to be very helpful, the guy who answers the phone speaks a bit fast though...

iRiver European Customer Service in Germany;
    Tel. +49-6196-470-100
    Fax +49-6196-470-110

G'luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It looks like the warranty in the US is only 12 months, and not 24 like in Europe. What do you reckon, will they be able to tell that its a US unit from the serial number?
    forget the serial no! I think the fact it is black and not silver like the EU ones would be the giveaway!

Try it anyway, and as said do not mention the different charger! they have no way of proving it.

c/c should be enough for peats.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

That happened to mine a while ago and on the bottom there is a reset buttonand just get a paper clip and push it in. That worked and I didn't lose anything. It was the grey one and got it in early 2004, still working now!

Tried the reset button - no joy I'm afraid :(

Not sure what to do so - might try raising an RMA on the EUropean site and see what happens.

MtM

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

I don't have a nokia so that must be the problem! Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Cheers Tusky,

Lookin for your input:
    Ok, here's the low-down. Its less than 2 years old (April 2004) but I got it on Amazon.com (US). It looks like the warranty in the US is only 12 months, and not 24 like in Europe. What do you reckon, will they be able to tell that its a US unit from the serial number? Should I try to raise a RMA from the European site or just call 'em. Did they give you a RMA number?
    Did they repair or replace in the end?
    What d'ya reckon

MtM

Hmm - They repaired mine free of charge. If you send it back to them, they will know its a Us model and it is only a 12 month warranty for that. However, they will still repair it, they may charge you for it. What will happen is they will assess the problem, ring you and ask if you want it reparied and give you a quote of how much it will be. So youve nothing to lose, if you dont want it repaired they will send it back.

I didnt get a RMA number, they just told me to send it in with a note with my name/address ETC and said that they had my details on file.

Cheers Tusky,

Will try and see what happens - not much use as it is!

MtM

No problem, g'luck & let me know how you get on.

Glad to report that iRiver repaired it without quibble and returned it to me last week.
    Cost me 4.50 for postage to Germany. And a 3 week wait.

But fair play to iRiver - its the type of thing that would make me buy another one from them.

Thanks for all the advice!

MtM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

rubadub wrote:
    c/c should be enough for peats.

It is indeed.

Advertisement