Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawm Mower repair

• 22-06-2005 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone here has any expertise in repairing lawn mowers.

The pull-cord for starting it broke so I took it apart to re-attach it. The spring thing for winding the cord back in doesn't seem to be working now.

is this repairable ? or is a new spring-thing needed. I'm sure I'm not the first to break a cord like this.

thanks.

(Its a Harry lawn mower - if that makes any difference)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

You need to wind up the spring thing before you attach the new cord. Then let it pull the cord in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Where in Kildare are you??
    I know a place in Kilcock that would probably fix it if that suits??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

How old is the lawnmower ? If its more than 7yrs chuck and buy a new one, they are such a nuisance after about 7 or 8 yrs imagine pulling the cord like 50 time to get em to start they are a plague. My advise buy a new one if it is economically feasible for you to do so.

Regards netwhizkid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

if u are chucking it out and buying a new one and the deck is good il buy whats left of it off u :)

Advertisement