Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies - Da Aftermath!!

Options
  • 22-06-2005 6:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, now that the long awaited construction studies examination has FINALY came and gone, with some finishing the day with this exam, how do you think you got on eh?

Personaly, it wasnt "dead easy" or "impossible". It was an 'inbetweeny' :P Think I did quite well though.

Wheelchair Accesible Door didnt come up as Q.1 (tho as Q.2 technicaly I guess).

So, what ya think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

Yeah much da same, hoping for a B3 in HL
    What grade do ya think you'll get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

I thought it was quite a do-able paper possibly a bit trickier than other years but that was expected.Yeah but it came as Q2 so i wasn't entirely wrong.Also I was the only 1 that made any predictions and I'm not a teacher,Examiner etc. so how could i be right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

I had not covered even half of those topics fully in class. Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭stevoxbx

I hadent either, id say i got a C3 in that and a B1-A2 in the other 50% so hopefully an average of a B3 :) Not to bad of a paper, had to bullsh1t a fair bit, but sure all I can do is hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Moira

thought it was kinda tricky to be honest! they just seem to be gettin harder and harder when it comes to construction.
    thought q1 was long, took me an hour and even at that i forgot a few things id say.
    q2, beauty, just reproduced the stuff in the solutions book.
    q3, didnt do, ok except i wasnt sure about the measurements for a velux
    q4, hadnt done load bearing partitions
    q5, sweet, just hope everyone copped that it was resistivity was given and not conductivity, im sure all ye brains did. got something like 1.35 for u value and 216 then for the next part. nice general q on roofs then.
    q6 didnt do, heard it was basic enough
    q7 had just gone over it before the exam so thankfully remembered bits,
    q8 didnt do
    q9 didnt do
    q10 a lovely, cant complain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mickomack wrote:
    I thought it was quite a do-able paper possibly a bit trickier than other years but that was expected.Yeah but it came as Q2 so i wasn't entirely wrong.Also I was the only 1 that made any predictions and I'm not a teacher,Examiner etc. so how could i be right

Ah I know, didnt come up directly but it gave you plenty of room that Q.2 did dont ya think?

Cheers for the stuff you gave me regarding it, was a great help!

Yeah no bother,Sully What questions did u do?
    To get the heat loss do u just Multiply the U value area and dif in temperature by each other?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I did: Q.1, Q.2, Q.5, Q.6, Q.10. Drew skethces where possible, and used a few of the big A3 Sheets, and drew on the answer book paper too.

Didnt like the extra bit on U-Value, about tempreture. I just divided U-Value into the total temp. to do some attempt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

Though it was ok, tink i fuked up wheelchair access, instead of drawing kitchen, bathroom, i did Door ramp and Door electrical fitting like sockets saying that they have to be moved etc, so tink i fuked up that

then for part b i used the door and said remove saddle, put a two way hinge on the door so it can be pushed both ways for the chap in wheel chair, and i said have door 860wide so he can move in an out easilly ,

I tink part B is ok but fuked up part A yea? or is part a ok and will scrape some marks?

If you put in the door with all the regulations eg 15 degrees max slope,15mm max threshold door detail you'll get a good chunk of the marks but i'm not too sure both moving the sockets because the corridor should be a min of 300mm to each side of the door making it a min of 1.4m in width but i'm sure they'll give u sum marks.
    What grade does everone think they got?

• Advertisement

Hopefully B3, I said for Q2 A) Front Door, Bathroom and Hall. Is the hall a good enough example?

Yeah that should be ok provided you mentioned the width of the door,handles etc.

****e

Advertisement