Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling IBB within contract (well, a day after installation!)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Adey2002 wrote:
    I'm not close to the mast at all, but when I ping it i get 100% response at 1-3ms, excellent reponses. When I ping boards I get 20-25% loss and pings into the hundreds with total crap download speeds. The closeness of the mast doesn't make a difference. It's after that the problems begin.

Damn, well I guess I will see how I get on, if it isnt up to scratch I will bin them within the cooling off period and go with DSL. I guess Im lucky as I have the choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Has anyone else had major problems regarding direct debits with IBB?Ive had IBB since the end of May and am supposed to be paying by direct debit,ive been onto them FIVE times and still they haven't taken the money,i can't say im overly happy with the service,and if i could get out of it i would but im sick to death of getting onto them telling them to just take the damn money,everything is in order,they have the correct bank details,there was enough money in my account and they still haven't taken it,it's getting to the stage now if they don't take it by this weekend ill just say fcuk it they can stick their Broadband,i rang again today and after 25 mins on hold no answer so hung up,i sent them an e-mail a few days ago and still no reply,what the hell is going on in that bloody office of theirs FFS?

Their customer service it seems is even worse than NTL's who are renowed for being amongst the worst in Ireland,can anyone give me some advice here as im rapidly running out of patience?At this stage i just wanna tell them to stick it and go elsewhere,jaysus how pathetic can you get :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

jonny68 wrote:
    Has anyone else had major problems regarding direct debits with IBB?Ive had IBB since the end of May and am supposed to be paying by direct debit,ive been onto them FIVE times and still they haven't taken the money,i can't say im overly happy with the service,and if i could get out of it i would but im sick to death of getting onto them telling them to just take the damn money,everything is in order,they have the correct bank details,there was enough money in my account and they still haven't taken it,it's getting to the stage now if they don't take it by this weekend ill just say fcuk it they can stick their Broadband,i rang again today and after 25 mins on hold no answer so hung up,i sent them an e-mail a few days ago and still no reply,what the hell is going on in that bloody office of theirs FFS?

damn you IBB why wont you overcharge me for a horrible service and tech support thats as helphul as a hammer to the teeth! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I have not had any invoices for the past three months

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

madrab wrote:
    damn you IBB why wont you overcharge me for a horrible service and tech support thats as helphul as a hammer to the teeth! :rolleyes:
    Problem is when they do charge, he'll get hit with 3 or 4 months worth of charges

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 andmor

Further to my earlier posting the Irish Broadband (or to be more precise the NTR Broadband engineer from their Northern subsidiary) turned up last week.

He spent two hours fiddling around. I stood over him and make him do the test on www.irishisptest.com on his own laptop before he left. The speeds were even worse than before and he left saying it was all out of his control and he had done this and that to the radio and blamed us for having a misconfigured network card (which we didn't) , too many computers using the same connection (all were turned off) and that every time you do the test on this site it gives a completely different reading (never varies that much morning, noon or night)!

As a follow up to this I telephoned a Clare McInnes (Sales Rep.) in NTR Broadband in Belfast. She said that they were changing the sector (?) for those 1/2 dozen of us poor sods here in East Donegal and would be replacing the antenna with a wire gauze one on Tuesday. At the moment we have a rectangular solid box.

Why the engineer didn't know this last week is beyone me.

That was two days ago. Needless to say no-one has turned up and speeds this afternoon on www.irishisptest.com are:

294 kbps download
    36.6 kbps upload.

If someone could tell me how to capture the screenshot of this I would be pleased to include this in my next rant about IBB/NTR! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

[off topic]
    To make a screen grab.
    I presume you will have MS Paint on your PC so click on Programmes > Accessories > Paint.
    The open up the web page in your browser that you want to capture and press the 'Print Scrn' key on your keyboard
    The go to paint and click on Edit > Paste
    The go to File > Save, then in the bottom of the window that opens up select save as JPEG.
    Then click on Image > Stretch/Skew and reduce the two Stretch fields down from 100% to something like 65% which will make the image smaller and more user friendly for forum display
    The click Save once you are happy with the Image size.

You then need to upload that image to some web space so that it can be displayed online – http://www.imageshack.us/ is a popular solution
    [/Off Topic]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Well, as the original poster of this message I thought I'd post an update. They took their stuff away, I'm still with Eircom and now very happy to have a (more) reliable ISP.

I guess it's the luck of the draw since some people on certain masts or in certain locations seem very happy with the service although I guess not the customer care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Some guy asked about IBB Bray above. Right now, pinging the mast:

Ping statistics for 62.231.50.193:
    Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 87, Lost = 13 (13% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 232ms, Average = 24ms

Download speeds sort of 30-70% of advertised speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

I got IBB 2mb package installed today. I took the day off work so I could be home. They arrived at 11am, and left at 4:50pm. The engineer, a 3rd party contractor, said he reckons IBB gave him the wrong IP, so I should give them a call and they'll sort it straight away.

I called at 4:51pm. I'm still on hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

i called em yesterday re my upload speeds 1.5k-5k :@ and its back to its 250K :D

What number did you call, what time, and how long were you waiting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

sorry that kinda was the point of my last post and i left it out.

called the std. 189056456 is it?

was on hold 2-3mins a new IBB world record i do think and i had to call back after he got me to reconfigure my N/W and was on hold 2-3mins yet again :D

May be down to the fact not many ppl know they are open on sundays.

yeah, maybe. One girl did answer about a half hour into it, and when I mentioned 'IP address', she said 'ya wha??' and transferred me back to hold-land.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rkiver

Clearly one of their more technical operatives.....

Well, they answered at 8pm, and cut me off. To their credit, they called back, but still couldn't fix it.

Advertisement