Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy, Sad, Wish school wasn't over or Don't Care

Options
  • 22-06-2005 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭

What do people think about the leaving being over?
    Was it easy for you?

Sorry to the people still having exams but most people are finished!!!!! :D

How do you feel now that its over? 40 votes

Happy
    0% 0 votes
    Sad
    60% 24 votes
    Wish School Wasn't Over
    17% 7 votes
    Just Plain Don't Care
    22% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

just finished a few hours ago...hasn't really hit me yet so i'l vote when it does...happy for a reason sad for another....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

im in bits
    i loved skool!
    my year was the best bunch of ppl ever!! and the teachers were sound out

cant wait for college and not gonna miss gettin up at 7
    but i wish i cld bring gach duine with me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

It was fun times and i wouldnt change it for the world but im happy to move on in life and wont be getting stuck in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

I dunno, I was all gung-ho for the leaving schoolm thing, but as the time grew closer, I found myself getting more attached to it. My school is a boarding school, so it's really like a community (but I'm a day-pupil, so it's not as bas as it could be!), really kinda scared now.....no going back and all that.....ah!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

we'll never get to take the p*** outta our authorities again and jus have to write out a stupid essay

we'll have to be....respectful
    *shudders in horror*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

I'm going to miss school, I really like the people in my year and it's gonna be weird not seeing some of them as regularly next year. I'm gonna miss the poor bastards in 5th year as well I've a lot of friends in the years below me, mainly from rugby and it sort of feels like I'm abandoning them, I love the little guys I really do. I'll be sorry to see it go, I remember the head boy telling us in 1st year that the six years would fly by, that dick was right it seems like only yesterday I was a wee 1st year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Seriously goin to miss the teachers. Maths was the best. Highlights have to be when the teacher poked the intercom down from the roof with a broom cause it was making a buzzing noise, oh and the time he wanted to go golfing and told us "Right lads....I have to...erm...go." and backed out the door in the middle of class and the time in 4th year when he brought in these backpackers from norway to talk to us. He must have met them in the pub or something and decided to bring them up for a laugh. Oh and the way he picked out one guy to blame for everything just for the craic. "SHUT UP PAUL!!!". THe fact he never knew what he was doing and got the smart kids to tell him how to finish the sums. I'm really going to miss him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I'm a bit sad but I'm glad it's over.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm delighted it's over. I mean, college is going to be so much better than school - and I will still make an effort to see the people I liked, and I probably won't have to see the people I didn'tlike so often. and now it's SUMMER!!

(Well, it was summer anyway, but now it's proper summer... Sorry to anyone who does Music, Italian or Applied Maths, I don't mean to rub it in your face!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Happy (even got 1 exam left), I'm very happy to have finished school, I'm moving on to bigger and better things. :D

What I'll miss about school is seeing my friends all the time, what I won't miss is studying subjects I have no interest in.

Looking forward to college, getting to study what I want and meeting new people.

I'm so glad to be free for the summer, I've got so much to do. Get a job, bring my fitness level up again (dropped after hockey season ended), detox my body of all the unhealthy coffee it's got in large doses, re-decorate my room and most important relax :D .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

cant wait for college and not gonna miss gettin up at 7
    You'll have PLENTY of getting up at 7 in college... Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

getting *home* at 7....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I always thought i would de delighted.but im not :eek: :( ,now i won't be able to doss in french or maths.and what tables and school equipment am i gonna be able to vandalise now? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Some of the people in my year were in tears yesterday leaving, but personally, I'm just happy to be out. My year's small enough, so I'm not going to lose touch with the people I'm friends with (we're all going to college in Dublin, so we'll still be close enough) and while my teachers were generally sound enough, most of them are leaving the school in the next year or two so it's not like I'd see them anyway. I just can't wait to get to college, even if it's not as good as everyone says it is there's no way it could be worse than secondary.

Advertisement