Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mix n match food

• 22-06-2005 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

i was out the other night and realised that everything that was on the dessert menu looked great... but only if i could combine the ice cream with the chocolate sponge, or the cheesecake with the treacle pudding!! at home im used to being adventurous with food-the best being a melted/crushed twix with a wholemeal scone! (try it-its so good!)
    then i walked by a shop in town with a sign saying ''try a deep fried mars bar!'' sounds great!! anybody else think more of this experimental take on food sholud be more widespread in shops?? :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I think some restaurants try to cater for this by having an All-You-Can-Eat buffet - BAD idea!! The problem with human nature is that if there is a set price for such a thing, we will eat as much as humanly possible to get the best 'value for money'. I think if they had unlimited ice cream, chocolate sponge, cheesecake and treacle pudding, people would eat all of them at once!
    I've never tried a deep-fried Mars bar, but my brother assures me that they are delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

There was a thread about these deep fried mars bars before, but when I ran a search I couldn't seem to locate it.

Have never tried it, but seemingly it has been served in batter in some chippers around Dublin and other cities, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭melancholymaidn

the deep fried mars bars are real big in scotland apparently (!?) ive been doing my research :D wherever ya can get them they sound damn good to me! but then again i could just be increasing the risk of heart attacks by encouraging it :p i really tempted to try one but put off for a few reasons
    1; where i saw it was reeeeeally dingy
    2; the whole dying young thingy
    3; the excess ice cream ...treacle pudding etc i eat anyway!
    4; it cost 4euro! id rather buy one for 70cent and whip out the deep fat frier at home!

Advertisement