Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Problem with Flash

• 22-06-2005 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Whenever I go onto a website thats a Flash site it tells me to install the latest version of Flash and gives me the URL (which is here), I do that and then return to the site and still nothing happens, it tells me to install the latest version of Flash.
    Does anyone know what the problem could be? The site I'm trying to access is this one by the way. Does anyone else have trouble viewing this site? There's other sites too I have trouble with so I doubt seriously its anything to do with the web site.

Cheers in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Are you installing the plugin for the correct browser? Sometimes there might be a list of them, and you have to select which ones you want to install for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

stephen p wrote:
    Whenever I go onto a website thats a Flash site it tells me to install the latest version of Flash and gives me the URL (which is here), I do that and then return to the site and still nothing happens, it tells me to install the latest version of Flash.
    Does anyone know what the problem could be? The site I'm trying to access is this one by the way. Does anyone else have trouble viewing this site? There's other sites too I have trouble with so I doubt seriously its anything to do with the web site.

Cheers in advance!!

What browser and version? It works for me in Firefox 1.04

They have a rather strange Flash detection script which appears to be looking for version 5 of Flash (whats the current version? 8?), but its been a while since I played with Flash. Proper use of Flash these days should not need Javascript detection, merely proper use of the OBJECT tag.

Advertisement