Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

varg vikernes (burzum)

• 22-06-2005 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

What was the actual reason for killing Euronymous....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

What was the actual reason for killing Euronymous....

loads of reasons,some being - 1)euro owned him money from album sales
    2)found euro to be too big a rival in the "circle"
    3)something about a girl
    4)defamation of character in the "circle"

only they really know, burzum claimed euro was going to kill him first so he had to get there first.
    burzum talks a lot of sh!te and tends to exaggerate so we might never know without euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Maynard.

Wasnt euro constantly making fake death threats towards vik?
    In an attempt to drive him out of the band, but vik was just too mentally unstable to see it, and killed euro to save his life?
    I was sure this was fact..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Saying as Varg and Oystein weren't in a band together....no... I have a book on the matter but my friend has it atm.

superconor wrote:
    Saying as Varg and Oystein weren't in a band together....no... I have a book on the matter but my friend has it atm.

They werent? oh wait.. had Oystein left at the time? or sumthing?, gah!, cant remember the details, I just remember euro sending death threats to vik for sum reason or another..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Varg was playing bass in Mayhem at the time, but after killing Oystein, he wasn't credited at all, but drummer Jan Axel Von Blomberh (Hellhammer) was credited with bass on De Mysteriis.

But in all fairness, I don't think even Varg himself would honestly know why he did it. He is an absolute nutcase, no matter how good a musician he is, he's paranoid and utterly off his rocker.

There's the theory that he was simply jealous of Bard Eithun having killed someone, and just had to out do him.
    Who knows what went on in that mans skull?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Not only is he still unrepentant, but his views are far more extreme now than they were back in the early nineties. He's a headcase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i used to have a dodgy taped copy of a burzum album that i used to carry around... lots of fun if you ended up drinkin at some gaff after a nights ravin.... slyly take out the "euphoria chillout" cd and crank up the volume!

endless amusement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Ancient1 wrote:
    He's a headcase.
    10a.jpg
    I can't really imagine this face screaming out stuff like "War"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Jesus, the state of him! You can see a neonazi under it all though! :) And a ****ing headcase! (the same thing i s'pose! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think he's a legend! I mean who else can go to court and claim his murder of Euro was "pre-meditated self defense". Pure genious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,631 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Whatever about the music, but i consider some of the early norwegian bands to have the same credibility as die-hard trekkies.

The early Black Metal is far over-rated imho, some of the best stuff didn't come out untill around 97, like Enslaved - ELD, Arcturus - The Masquerade Infernale, and so forth. Black Metal really progressed in huge bounds and leaps. Lately it's taken a turn though. I blame Darkthrone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Black Metal really progressed in huge bounds and leaps.

Progression is the key word here. Some see it as the best thing to have happened to BM, pushed through by forward thinking bands like Emperor, Enslaved etc, other see it as complete blasphemy and the opposite of "true" (stupid loaded term) BM - anything that lacks the "necro" factor.

Ack, I've come to despise the terms "True" and "Necro" these days. Honestly, assholes like Fenriz constantly moaning about how it's supposed to be done have really put a clog in the works. There's not that much progression left in BM these days, Emperor and Immortal have split, and Darkthrone are pushing out mediocre crap weekly.

If the Florida Death Metal scene was like that, bands would've reverted to singing about zombies and rubbish after Death released Spiritual Healing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

you guys arent tr00, you cant even spell it right. Dumbasses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 captina_planet

Vargs gone pretty soft in prison.. not regular soft but varg soft. They asked him what his opinions on the negro race are and he said 'lets not waste time talking about them' instead of the usual '****in bush ****' ranting. And damn thats such a mental picture of him without the hair.

Gone soft? He escaped from Prison and held up a family with a flashlight... He's as barmy as ever!

maybe underneath it all he is only escaping to smuggle in lovely kittens to snuggle with during the nights... or not.

No, he was auditioning for pop idol:

312325.jpeg

*feigns shock* that picture is a fake! Cos it was actually American Idol. Simon Cowell would get such an ass kicking.

• Advertisement

I can see it now.. "Simon Cowell beaten to death by flashlight."

"Varg claims premeditated self defense."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Yeah he is a nutcase, but he is a very articulate linguist and is able to express his views in an almost convincing way. I seen a Burzum tshirt today and while i have never heard any of his music, it had a beautiful picture of a landscape on it. He also released a promo video for one of his songs which consisted entirely of just the Norwegian landscape? I think people like him give national pride a bad name: they take it to racist levels.
    He had an acomplice with him who did nothing apart from drive the car and he still got jailed for a fair while. Does anyone in Black Metal actually go on about being 'True' apart from Fenriz? When anyone asks me what my band play I just say "True Magherafelt Dark Blue Metal" ! :p

navy metal? sounds well 'ard!

superconor wrote:
    I think people like him give national pride a bad name: they take it to racist levels.

No no no, Varg is far worse than just plain racist, he is a Nazi in the purest sense of the word.

Advertisement