Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new sequel game?

Options
  • 22-06-2005 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

In the latest of game informer this comment was made, fairly vague but:
    "Final Fantasy X-2 producer Yoshinori Kitase expects that spin-off titles such as X-2 and Dirge of Cerberus are being looked at from other installments in the Final Fantasy series. In particular, Final Fantasy VI is being considered to receive this special treatment."

This could turn out quite interesting indeed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Where did you see that. Is that all the said all the subject. In some ways, this sequel thing annoys me (x-2) and others it doesnt (Dirge of Cerberus) but i'd still prefer the FF series to have new stories and characters more often then not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I dont particularly like the sound of that somehow, I have never played that othergame but X-2 was dire, iit would be like hitler deciding to have children...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I think it could be allright but I can't even begin to think what it would be about, my memory is a little hazy about that game adn I think most things were dealt with, unless they take a X-2 approach and make up a bunch of crap.

Reason I like the idea it that is most likely won't be purely online whereas any of the future games bar XII could be online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

VII has its story cut out for it but the bit with REDXIII with kids 500years later kinda messes stuff up:rolleyes:

VII has its story cut out for it but the bit with REDXIII with kids 500years later kinda messes stuff up:rolleyes:

What an odd tangent to go off on. :D

Anyhoo I think it would be good in some ways to see what happened to the characters after VI, in other ways I think the game should be left as is.

If they dealt with all that Magi business it wouldn't really be a spinoff but could actually turn out very enjoyabloe indeed.

• Advertisement

grimloch wrote:
    What an odd tangent to go off on. :D
    Huh? Sequels was the order of the day correct?

Have many peoples actually played the old ones(preVII or so)?

Oops, I thought you interpreted the VI as VII, my bad.

I reckon most people here have the played the pre-VII's, great stuff they are. Although I and II have tested the limits of my patience.

Any to the standard of VII?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

WAIT!!!

in that final scene we assume that all humans are gone but as its fading and there are sounds playing you can vaguely make out a child laughing... had me troubled for ages.

Well, VI I feel is the best of the them(of the I-VI), great story, provides a good balance of challenge and beatibility. A great little game and well worth the tenner or so it cost me.

Summoning itself was a little crappy though. Other than that it was great.

• Advertisement

Rhyme wrote:
    WAIT!!!

in that final scene we assume that all humans are gone but as its fading and there are sounds playing you can vaguely make out a child laughing... had me troubled for ages.
    Aye you must have got the PLATINUM version as i compared and there is many differences ie.music in the final fight and others
    The origional versionhadnt got the child laughing so im very confused as to whw they changed nimor details

Advertisement