Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Apprentice(USA style)

• 23-06-2005 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭

Well it started tonight on the BBC,god Trump has some comb over.They all seem much more aggressive than Sugars apprentices in that series.I never seen the first series of the Usa version,but it seems they are copying from the Uk version as to bring in a couple of them at end to pick one to fire.

Anyone recall what the first series was like/dislike about it in comparsion to the Uk series?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

I never saw the first series. But the one on BBC this evening is 2 or so years old.

I haven't seen that entire episode but when I was in NZ a few months back they were showing that one and Isaw the last 2 episodes and that wasn't an up to date series, so it must be fair old.

I can tell ya who wins if ya care? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Sgtshaft

Never saw the first but that black chick with the magic 8 ball really threw a wobbler, shes mad as a balloon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

I can tell ya who wins if ya care? :D

Dont you dare!

I thought this one on BBC was a "New" series?

Sgtshaft wrote:
    Never saw the first but that black chick with the magic 8 ball really threw a wobbler, shes mad as a balloon!!

Yeah talk about paranoid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Pity should couldn't be fired she was off the wall.

All because no one would listen to her and her stupid 8ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

mad m wrote:
    I thought this one on BBC was a "New" series?

It's new to BBC as they had only shown season 1 before. Season 2 was shown on US TV last autumn with the final held just before Xmas.

Season 3 was shown this spring in the US. Thanks to my American "cousins" I saw both series and series 2 is much better than series 3. I didn't like series 3 as much because there was a load of idiots on it and the Donald spent the first half of the season firing them one by one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I can't believe that blondie didn't get fired for slagging the kids appearances off. So what if the other guy didn't chip in too much, at least he didn't act totally unprofessionally like she did. Sugar would have fired her ass before she even sat down.

Bring The Sugar Daddy over to America, he'd sort them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Having watched all 3 US series and the UK series, I honestly like the UK series more. The board rooms in Sugar's apprentice are intimidating, and he really makes the contestants work for their survival.

In the US apprentice, its like the producers decide before the show who is going to be fired (or fire someone who does something stupid in the boardroom, like Erin in USA Season 3). The US boardroom is like a pantomime, its not intimidating, and its too short.

Tommy Hilfiger started a reality show last week (The Cut) which follows the format closely, and even he does a better job than Trump. (On US TV... ask your cousins)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

TmB wrote:
    In the US apprentice, its like the producers decide before the show who is going to be fired

well... seeing that Donald trump IS the Producer of the show, what's the problem :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Heh.. good point. But I still imagine him and Mark Burnett sitting down in the boardroom a half hour before the ACTUAL boardroom, deciding who to fire in the best interest of ratings.... (at least for the first half of the series anyway)

• Advertisement

I'm sure they are, but if Mark has a problem with Donald's decision, donald has several Billion reasons why he is in the right LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I didn't like it. 18 CONTESTANTS !!! It'll be on for 4 months !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I didnt know it was on yesterday. Anyone know when/if its repeated?

was repeated last night at midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

What season of the US Apprentice is this? Season 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I liked it.... way better than UK version, i hated that.... this was cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I can't believe that blondie didn't get fired for slagging the kids appearances off. So what if the other guy didn't chip in too much, at least he didn't act totally unprofessionally like she did. Sugar would have fired her ass before she even sat down.

Bring The Sugar Daddy over to America, he'd sort them out.

Yeah she was some piece of work. Should have been sacked on the spot. Bad business to be slagging off your clients. Don't think she'll ever get a job in Mattel anyway. That other one one with the magic eight ball should make good tv viewing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Anyone see it last night.

man that was some episode.

I cant believe your man shot himself in the foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

yeah, watched it til 1am ... you have to watch to the end, addictive that way ... what an idiot, I'm glad he got fired .. Donald had a bee in his bonnet over it .... even tho those girls weren't up to much, he really demeaned yer man by firing him over them ... girls are copying exactly what the girls last season did, squabbling too much ... they'd want to get their act together ... I couldn't take Donald seriously with that combover, what the hell, a stylist probably gets paid mega bucks for that !

Trump is an idiot for sacking Bradford. When Brad waived his immunity thing Trump said it was a mistake. He also said that he had made mistakes too. He sacked a decent competitior because of a mistake which he could have learned from (he still will I suppose).

And I agree with guest31. Its impossible to take trump seriously with that hair. But I suppose when you're that rich you can afford to have sh!te hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

cant believe it, i missed it last nite

Yeah poor auld Bradford shot himself in the foot in my opinion.I would of never of gave up my immunity.I'd say it was a super sized homer "DOH!!!" When he realised that was a HUGE mistake.

But for a moment I thought he had got away with it,but when Trump starting swinging his hair locks and eyebrows and supersized lip movements I knew he was for the recycle bin..... :D

mad m wrote:
    But for a moment I thought he had got away with it,but when Trump starting swinging his hair locks and eyebrows and supersized lip movements I knew he was for the recycle bin..... :D

Ha. Nicely said. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

Anyone else see lastnights ep ? I missed the week before but caught lastnight's by chance. There isn't much advertising about it, so I tend to forget, plus it's on pretty late for a 'school night' ..

So, the girls lost by $10 ... Pammy was a very strong leader, but I think she shot herself in the foot by insisting it was a tie ... she sure tried to whip them all into shape ... but Donald got to the crux of their failure pretty quick ... the pricing, $30 odd for cleaning products ... hmmm. Anyone think the guys had a much nicer product ... did they get to choose their products (missed that part)

What was yer man like trying to chat up Anna Kournikova, she took it well ... bet Donald will slag him about that next week. Girls havn't a hope of winning anything at the mo', and now that Pammy's gone ... forget it. I don't think Donald should have fired Pammy, he should have got rid of that whiny little lawyer wan .. she's a pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

The little Lawyer one actually does l;ook no older than 12 years old. it looks really weird when she is arguing in the boardroom with Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I liked the English version with the exasperated little git with the bugeyes. I thought he was the star of the show not Sugar.

The American version never grew on me tho. I guess I just can't get past the 'image' of wee Donald there.

guest31 wrote:
    What was yer man like trying to chat up Anna Kournikova, she took it well ... bet Donald will slag him about that next week.

Ye cant fault him for trying. Anyway, he wasnt all that unsuccesful. She said that if he could return 1 of 5 serves she'd have coffee with him. He failed but at least he tried. I could feel the boys excitment when Trump said they'd be playing tennis with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

"The Donald" has the worst hair every, he should just buzz it all! I saw one not that long ago on US tell. Just incase its the one thats on what you guys are watching i'll spoiler it :)
    Kendra won it overall. She chose to redesign some big mansion in Florida into a hotel i think or something (cant remember what the other option is.
    Just when you think reality telly cant get any worse theres more The Scholar which just ended and a new one coming soon called "The Law Firm". I do watch Hells Kitchen, man are those American contestants backstabbers, but they cant handle Ramsays language :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭del_boy85

I'm really enjoying season 2 that's on BBC at the moment. Didn't really think Pamela deserved to get fired last night though. How old is that Stacey woman? She really does look about 12 years old!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

del_boy85 wrote:
    I'm really enjoying season 2 that's on BBC at the moment. Didn't really think Pamela deserved to get fired last night though. How old is that Stacey woman? She really does look about 12 years old!!

I'm just after looking up her age. At the time of filming she was 26. :eek:

Advertisement