Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Jordan planning A1 team??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Hmmmm.....interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

That would be class, EJ would definaetly do a good job.

Maybe an Irish Team (all teams are representing countries?) with Richard Lyons driving? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Ah sure why doesn't boards.ie's very own Kersh get in there aswell :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Just been having a look at the A1 Grand Prix site (A1 Grand Prix ) and on the right hand side they list the flags of the countries who will have teams. There's an Irish flag there, but it's not active yet, which suggests we don't have a team yet. Maybe the rumour at the top of this thread has some substance after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Damon Hill is also rumoured to be involved in the Irish Team, as he is an honoury Irish man, or something. :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Well, I don't know if you could call him an "honorary Irishman" as such but he does live here so I suppose that's enough to justify any involvement in an Irish A1GP team! :D

^
    Plus he won Ireland's sexiest man award in 1996 i think. FACT. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

http://www.a1gp.com/news/index.php?flashNavId=1&newsid=17
    08/15/2005 - Dublin, 15 August - A1 Team Ireland became the latest national team to join the A1 Grand Prix series today, taking the competitor list to 20 countries reaching every habitable continent on the planet.

The franchise for A1 Team Ireland has been secured by respected international sports manager Mark Gallagher who will also take on the role of Team Principal. Commenting on today's announcement, Mark said: 'This is a momentous day for Irish motorsport and the combination of many months of planning and negotiations. The A1 Grand Prix series promises to be innovative and exciting. I have no doubt that motorsport and sporting fans in Ireland and around the world will be fascinated by it. Having worked in Formula One? for many years, I have been very impressed with the detailed planning and professionalism that has gone into the creation of A1 and have no doubt that this will be a prestigious world-wide event'.

A1 Team Ireland also took the opportunity to announce their main driver, former Jordan Formula One driver (2003), Formula Nippon (2002) and British Formula 3 Champion (1996), Ralph Firman.

Ralph commented, 'I have always been very proud of my Irish heritage and am delighted to be selected by A1 Team Ireland? to represent the country in this exciting new Series. Having been closely involved with the development of the first prototype, I know how good it is to drive and it really does provide a complementary alternative to Formula One. Since driving for Jordan in Formula One, I have been determined to get back into the top of international motor racing'.

A1 Grand Prix Founder, President and Chairman, Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum welcomed the Irish entry to the Series saying: 'I am delighted that yet another A1 Grand Prix team has been secured by a renowned motorsport figure who will bring with him another world class driver. With the next team test session just around the corner, Irish fans have little over a week to wait until A1 Team Ireland demonstrates its mettle at the Paul Ricard circuit alongside 17 other A1 Teams. I welcome the four leaf clover to the A1GP family.

'The first shakedown held at Silverstone at the beginning of August saw the top 10 teams all record fastest lap times within one second of each other. I have no doubt that A1 Teams Ireland and India who are joining the next Team Test session for the first time will do their countries proud in their first official run.'

Gallagher is ex jordan AFAIK, I am looking forward to this series tbh

I am too now, will it be broadcast on RTÉ? Not so sure of the rules, any chance of a testing day in Mondello? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

ah yes, my cousin is the franchise director for that A1 team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement