Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English coin?

Options
  • 23-06-2005 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Folks, cash flow problem at the moment and i've £10 stg in English coin, not pennies but 2 and 1 coins...Can I cash them at any bank in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Nope, only notes. thats nationwide, Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Some airports have vending machines that take foreign coins and convert them to local currency. Of course it might cost you more than £10 to get to the airport :D and I don't ever remember seeing one in Ireland.
    Any friends/relatives travelling to the UK soon who might exchange them for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Tesco might exchange it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Is there anywhere that will take a bunch of mixed coins from me for charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Is there anywhere that will take a bunch of mixed coins from me for charity?
    Yes - there's buckets in bank of Ireland branches and you can throw any old rubbish (including pre-Euro) in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement