Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Croke Park Seating

• 23-06-2005 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what order is the seating numbered in the Hogan stand. I have tickets this weekend for u2 in section 336 . The seats are 1 and 2. Are these closest to or furthest from the hill in that section.
    Thanks in advance.
    P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Section 336 is right beside the Hill.

Your row letter will indicate how far you are from the front. A is row 1, AA is row 27, ZZ is row 52.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Thanks for that. I know the row number. I was just wondering whether the seats are numbered right to left or left to right i.e are seats 1 and 2 furthest from the hill or closest to it. Just trying to gauge what the view will be like seeing as the seats are so far up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

This is the seating arrangements:
    Dublin_Croke_Park.jpg

Thanks again. I have seen the map but it doesnt show whether the seats are numbered left to right or vice versa. Does anyone know if seats 1-2 are on the left or right of section 336 on the map below ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

15 will be closer to the hill than 1 and 2... hope this helps. It is opposite for the Cusack.

• Advertisement

Thanks Danno, thats all I wanted to know

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maro01

Danno wrote: »
    15 will be closer to the hill than 1 and 2... hope this helps. It is opposite for the Cusack.

Do you know if row ff lower cusack are at the fornt of the stand or in under the stand at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

maro01 wrote: »
    Do you know if row ff lower cusack are at the fornt of the stand or in under the stand at the back
    It's approx four rows from the entrance/exit from the stand.

Your well covered by the roof if it rains unless the wind is particularity strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

where would nn be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

closeline wrote: »
    where would nn be?
    Post number 2 in this thread would answer your question for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,935 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

are there any concession turnstiles in Croke Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

What's with this thread LMAO .. resurrected every 4 years 2005, 2009 & 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

DoctaDee wrote: »
    What's with this thread LMAO .. resurrected every 4 years 2005, 2009 & 2013
    yup, but at least the answer to the bleedin obvious is kept in one thread rather than having numerous threads on EXACTLY the same, already answered, question.

still, theres a nifty page on the GAA website that gives the view from each section which is middling useful in making a decision on where to sit (aside from it doesnmt show how abysmal the sideline seats are, but you cant have everything
    http://www.crokepark.ie/About/Seating-Plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

where would nn be?

Literally just under the overhang of the premier level. I was PP last weekend and the view was great (and i didnt get p!ssed on like most of the lower cusack did during the Monaghan Tyrone game)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

We could really do with one giant mega thread where all the queries about tickets and seating and other non match related matters (such as parking) go. As September approaches, this place is gonna get really clogged up with lots of people all asking the same thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

ProudDUB wrote: »
    We could really do with one giant mega thread where all the queries about tickets and seating and other non match related matters (such as parking) go. As September approaches, this place is gonna get really clogged up with lots of people all asking the same thing.

I'm just waiting for the usual AI final thread where people whinge that they went to every game that their county played all year (including their minors, juniors and all the crappy preseason games) and the money grabbing GAA either;
    a) wont give them a ticket,
    b) charge them too much,
    c) it costs too much for the day out or
    d) they should have a season type ticket system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

bruschi wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the usual AI final thread where people whinge that they went to every game that their county played all year (including their minors, juniors and all the crappy preseason games) and the money grabbing GAA either;
    a) wont give them a ticket,
    b) charge them too much,
    c) it costs too much for the day out or
    d) they should have a season type ticket system.

If we get to the final and I don't get a ticket, I will definitely be complaining about a :P Although I will admit I didn't go to any junior games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I have already booked my all Ireland ticket through the club
    Getting adult tickets won't be a problem and I have beauties for the Semi in the lower Cusack with the parents :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

PTH2009 wrote: »
    are there any concession turnstiles in Croke Park
    Only if you are sitting in the Cusack or Davin stand and pay full price can you receive a concession. The concession is claimed at the leftmost turnstile when entering through the Cusack stand, if you get your ticket from the GAA ticket office this will all be written on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,935 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Only if you are sitting in the Cusack or Davin stand and pay full price can you receive a concession. The concession is claimed at the leftmost turnstile when entering through the Cusack stand, if you get your ticket from the GAA ticket office this will all be written on it.
    im sitting in the upper cusack tomorrow so hopefully i should get something back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

where would nn be?

NN is almost in line with where you enter a section. If you are in 15 or 16, you are right beside the entrance and could have stewards and people coming in and out interfering with your view.

Is it really such a crime to raise an ancient thread if the content is relevant, rather than starting a new one? I've seen threads locked just for being resurrected, which does seem a bit crazy. Anyway, I've a good seat for tomorrow. Under the Dublin semi-final deal, I'll have the same one for the football semi-final.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Kinda same question that keeps coming up but a specific query, does any one know for certain;

Hogan Upper, Row V
    Is that near the back, or is it actually halfway back
    In other words, does Hogan upper go all back to ZZ (A front row, Z halfway back, AA just behind and ZZ right at the back)

I do know it goes back to ZZ in lower sections

I am asking specifically about Hogan upper though

feck, sorry, I know thread is old, I got me 2013s and 2014s mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bentekkers

TedR wrote: »
    Kinda same question that keeps coming up but a specific query, does any one know for certain;

Hogan Upper, Row V
    Is that near the back, or is it actually halfway back
    In other words, does Hogan upper go all back to ZZ (A front row, Z halfway back, AA just behind and ZZ right at the back)

I do know it goes back to ZZ in lower sections

I am asking specifically about Hogan upper though

Seats in the Hogan Stand Upper run from A to Z (26 Rows) so if you are in V you are 5 rows from the back of the stand.

Thanks thats what I thought alright but I have heard other people discuss double letter seats in Hogan upper too so wasnt sure
    Ticketmaster map only has it going back to Z alright, in Upper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

TedR wrote: »
    Thanks thats what I thought alright but I have heard other people discuss double letter seats in Hogan upper too so wasnt sure
    Ticketmaster map only has it going back to Z alright, in Upper

I'm upper Hogan row Z for the Dub Donegal game, not a bad view actually, was there for last years semi final too!
    They say there's no bad seat in croker but i would prefer the back of the upper to the pitch level seats , spend half the time looking at the telly screens

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Does anyone know if the wheelchair area is covered in? As bringing my dad so need him comfortable or prepared for weather.

snowbabe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the wheelchair area is covered in? As bringing my dad so need him comfortable or prepared for weather.

The wheelchair area is 100% covered in.

The wheelchair area is 100% covered in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

It's covered from the rain but it can get quite cold up there when the wind blows in from the back of the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Brilliant,Ill have him well wrapped up so,think we'll all have to be well wrapped up too,thanks so much for that

Advertisement