Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Restaurant north of Dublin 9 (toward Airport)????

• 23-06-2005 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Would anyone be able to recommend a nice restaurant that's north of the city centre and north of Croke Park?

Anywhere en route to the Airport would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

Try the lemon tree restaurant (part of the Big tree pub) on Dorset street. Nice food, nice price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭disillusioned

Thanks but i'm trying to avoid anywhere near the U2 gig!

Anyone eaten in either Luka's or the Courtyard in the Carnegie Court Hotel in Swords?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's a couple of decent places in malahide,cant think of any of the names at the moment.Avoid like the plague Little Venice on the airport road,appalling food,dirty plaates and cutlery,bad service and usually you'll get the wrong dishes too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Kealys on the old airport road .....Lovely Grub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

beller b wrote:
    Kealys on the old airport road .....Lovely Grub

Yep,used to be a family favourite. Been there twice since the renovations and they really have improved in terms of their food.

There's a new complex, the 'Crowne Plaza' just off the Ballymun Road, going North, ahead of Statoil... There are two good Asian restaurants if you turn in there. One is inside the Crowne Plaza hotel - the other is a seperate restaurant which is further down the road...

*Thinks - thinks - thinks* I live in Glasnevin North, so I'm probably in the area where you'd be eating - and, to be honest, they are (in addition to Kealys perhaps) your best bets as of now... our area is renowned for its lack of good restaurants - normally we go to Malahide or such when we want a decent restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

Washerwoman's Hill in Glasnevin is pretty nice.
    Chilli banana and Il Corvo are on Dorset St, over the road from the Skylon hotel, but they'll be hopping at the moment, what with the U2 and all.
    Nice food in The Botanic House and Porterhouse North in Phibsborough

I've eaten in Luka's in Swords - it's gone down, lately.
    Is The Schoolhouse in Sword open at the moment? That's nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

If you could take a roundabout way to the airport, Kinara on the coast road in Clontarf is excellent.

http://www.kinara.ie

Advertisement