Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Crazy

Options
  • 23-06-2005 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

I need my 3rd year arts results, can't sleep thinking about them. If they are normally on the web a week before they are due why arent they here! I need them! Or else me go crazy very soon. HURRY UP EXAM RESULTS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

No 2nd year Arts results either, why do they keep us in suspense so long? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

They are just trying to make us go mad! I really thought that they would be out today. i need to know if i have failed because i am convinced i have!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

They still might be out today, you never know. The first arts results didnt go up until the evening of the day they came out.

i hope thats the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jam_Jar

I'm 3rd arts too. So worried about these results, actually don't know if I managed a 1st or a fail....
    Was chatting to the secretary in the archaeology dpt and she said the results will be posted on the walls on Monday!
    So I'd say we won't get them on the net till Sunday at the earliest!

I WANT THEM NOW! I want my feckin life back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

2nd Arts - was sure the feckin results would be out today. Had a plan to go out drinkin to celebrate/drown my sorrows and everythin... Now I'm just gettin drunk for the sake of it - where's the fun in that??? :)

monday! i cant wait til monday

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

virtually all departments will know them by now, they just have to be confirmed at a departmental meeting and academic council before they are given to students. so go to a friendly lecturer in your department and try find out when the departmental board meeting is or was - that's when you'll get your results! this works especially well in smaller departments.

i found out my results well in advance of the official results date last year, in fact i got one of my subjects a week before the other one, which, in hindsight wasn't the best idea, it was a bit of an anti-climax when i finally got the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

hey to all those in 3rd arts awaiting results,

They need to hurry the feck up! I know for a fact that some departments have known the results since the end of May.

oh, feck sake....I'm getting really impatient now!!HURRY UP!!

• Advertisement

I feel your pain

I don't suppose there is much chance of results being put up on the net on a Saturday/Sunday, is there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

what happens when you pass 3rd arts do they just post ya out a degree or do ya have to print it off or whats the craic with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Superman wrote:
    what happens when you pass 3rd arts do they just post ya out a degree or do ya have to print it off or whats the craic with it?
    conferrals are in november/december.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

yes, yes, we've all heard the joke about arts degrees.... roll of toilet paper ...please take one. none of that, now!

do you have to print it off yourself, i mean really!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Superman wrote:
    Seriously you are having a laugh?! :eek:

I hoping (for your sake) that's pure sarcasim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Well i aint waiting for results, so im going a different kind of crazy, college related tho, im heading over to Italy tomorrow-eesk, to study there for a month, and i'm really not prepared, argh! Plus my Italian has gone to sh1t since i've been on vacation...argh! It'll b fine...just every now and again a lil freak out occurs....argh!!

Anyway, good luck to all, well done by the way superman, hope canadas treating u well. czar thats a royal pain in the ass...think u need to acquaint some lecturers with a beating stick.....muses... ;)

Alana wrote:
    Well i aint waiting for results, so im going a different kind of crazy, college related tho, im heading over to Italy tomorrow-eesk, to study there for a month, and i'm really not prepared, argh! Plus my Italian has gone to sh1t since i've been on vacation...argh! It'll b fine...just every now and again a lil freak out occurs....argh!!

Anyway, good luck to all, well done by the way superman, hope canadas treating u well. czar thats a royal pain in the ass...think u need to acquaint some lecturers with a beating stick.....muses... ;)
    They had the meetiing this morning, thus all faculty's have the results. Irish and a few others are giving them out over the phone but the rest.....we'll have to wait. They should be on the net this eve or if not early tomorrow!! Nearly there....BEST OF LUCK ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

hey i wasn't takin the piss out of arts degree's , i'm doin one and just curious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

good luck to everyone awaiting results! fingers crossed for ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

jam_Jar wrote:
    They had the meetiing this morning, thus all faculty's have the results. Irish and a few others are giving them out over the phone but the rest.....we'll have to wait. They should be on the net this eve or if not early tomorrow!! Nearly there....BEST OF LUCK ;)

It says in the student handbook that no results, with no exceptions, will be given out over the phone!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Pod 78

rain on wrote:
    conferrals are in november/december.

www.ucd.ie/confer/ UG BA (Hons) 5 December and 6 December

Advertisement