Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem Fixtures thread

• 23-06-2005 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Liverpool will kick-off the 2005/06 Premiership season with a trip to Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium with the date scheduled for Saturday, August 13.

My first news of the new season
    Rest of the first day

Arsenal v Newcastle
    Aston Villa v Bolton
    Everton v Man Utd
    Fulham v Birmingham
    Man City v West Brom
    Middlesbrough v Liverpool
    Portsmouth v Tottenham
    Sunderland v Charlton
    West Ham v Blackburn
    Wigan v Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

PHB wrote:

There are quite a few interesting fixtures there

In the full season's fixture list? ;)

couldn't resist...

Does anyone know when our lords and masters Sky Sports decide what matches they want to move to inconveniance live in the flesh supporters? I've got my Spurs season ticket, and I really want to be at the Chelsea game on the 3rd weekend. Frank Iscariot is due a tasty reception...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

In the full season's fixture list? ;)

Beat me too it. Wigan will have a baptism of fire anyway.

Start of Season

For United's season it looks quite nice:

13 Everton (A)
    20 Aston Villa (H)
    24 Wigan (H)
    27 Newcastle (A)
    September
    10 Man City (H)
    17 Liverpool (A)
    24 Blackburn (H)
    October
    1 Fulham (A)
    15 Sunderland (A)
    22 Tottenham (H)

Obviously it'll be a tough start with Everton, but if we can win that match, I@m fairly sure we can win all the way up to Man City without question.
    Then two tough derby matches in a row, which will be toughies, but then 3 more matches which we should win fairly easily.
    It's a nice start compared to Chelsea's:

13 Wigan (A)
    20 Arsenal (H)
    24 West Brom (H)
    27 Tottenham (A)
    September
    10 Sunderland (H)
    17 Charlton (A)
    24 Aston Villa (H)
    October
    1 Liverpool (A)
    15 Bolton (H)
    22 Everton (A)

Obviously easy start with Wigan, but then straight to Arsenal.
    I'd love to see Arsenal win to **** em up for West Brom/Spurs, but i'd still imagine they'll walk the next 5 matches till Liverpool.
    Then they have 3 tough matches in a row against Liverpool Bolton and Everton which is nice.

Arsenal on the other hand have a interesting start:

August
    13 Newcastle (H)
    20 Chelsea (A)
    23 Fulham (H)
    27 Liverpool (A)

September
    10 Middlesbrough (A)
    17 Everton (H)
    24 West Ham (A)

October
    1 Birmingham (H)
    15 West Brom (A)
    22 Man City (H)
    29 Tottenham (A)

Chelsea, then a easy match, then Liverpool, then an easy match, then Everton. And they might even be tired enough from Chelsea to make Fulham come into play.
    Then however they have an easy run after Everton

Christmas Rush

Man United :

26 West Brom (H)
    28 Birmingham (A)
    31 Bolton (H)
    2 Arsenal (A)

Thats not a nice sequence if you ask me, West Brom will be easy, and hopefully so will Brum, but then Bolton and two days later Arsenal will be very tough.

Chelsea:

26 Fulham (H)
    28 Man City (A)
    31 Birmingham (H)
    2 West Ham (A)

This however is a easy peasy run, which is annoying considering Mourinho's tendency to play the same 11 all the time, so i'm well annoyed :/

Arsenal:

26 Charlton (A)
    28 Portsmouth (H)
    31 Aston Villa (A)
    2 Man Utd (H)

Similarily easy enough, although Villa like Christmass time normally. Easier run than United's and should be in a better position than United for the game

March crunch time

Man United:

4 Wigan (A)
    11 Newcastle (H)
    18 West Brom (A)
    25 Birmingham (H)

This is the best news i've seen all year.
    All those matches I'd considering walkovers, so I'm very happy with them.

Chelsea:

4 West Brom (A)
    11 Tottenham (H)
    18 Fulham (A)
    25 Man City (H)

Not as easy for Chelsea, with Spurs Fulham and Man City(with their record against Chelsea) slightly higher quality than Newcastle Brom and Brum.

Arsenal:

4 Fulham (A)
    11 Liverpool (H)
    18 Charlton (H)
    25 Portsmouth (A)

Worst of the lot, with Liverpool and Charlton in there.

End of Season

So United play
    1 Bolton (A)
    8 Arsenal (H)
    15 Sunderland (H)
    17 Tottenham (A)
    22 Middlesbrough (H)
    29 Chelsea (A)
    7 Charlton (H)

This is not an easy run at all at all.
    Arsenal match will be cancelled if there is an FA Cup semi finalist between either one of us I think so that will lead it to being at the end of the season sometime.
    I think if we want to win the title, we have to be ahead or at least level by the time we play Bolton. That said I'm happy we only have one relegation battle, and its with Sunderland, and with Keano on my team I don't envisage a tiny problem, although I woulda liked to send em down :)

There are however two possible matches that will determine the season in Arsenal and Chelsea, so thats nice.

Arsenal:

1 Aston Villa (H)
    8 Man Utd (A)
    15 West Brom (H)
    17 Man City (A)
    22 Tottenham (H)
    29 Sunderland (A)
    7 Wigan (H)

Piss piss easy run towards the end, so if they keep up pace the whole year, I can see them winning it if its level towards the end of the season.

Chelsea:

1 Birmingham (A)
    8 West Ham (H)
    15 Bolton (A)
    17 Everton (H)
    22 Blackburn (A)
    29 Man Utd (H)
    7 Newcastle (A)

That's a toughish run, with Bolton Everton and United all in there.

Overall though

The start if very evenish, I'd say though Arsenal might have the advantage. But I'm happy United's start is easy, cause I want us to start playing like we do post-christmass pre-christmass :)
    Chelsea have it at Christmass
    United have it at March
    Arsenal have the advantage in the end of season

NEW SEASON< YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Its very hard to speculate becuase Cup and European fixtures will move things around as usual, but Im guessing these fixtures arent generated randomly anymore.

I mean, United v Chelsea on the second last weekend, United v Arsenal at Christmas, Chelsea v Arsenal in week 2. It all seems very well planned to play the big games at the most important times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

liverpool have a delicious run in to the end of the season,

25 Mar 2006 - Liverpool v Everton, 15:00
    01 April 2006 - West Brom v Liverpool, 15:00
    08 April 2006 - Liverpool v Bolton, 15:00
    15 April 2006 - Blackburn v Liverpool, 15:00
    17 April 2006 - Liverpool v Fulham, 15:00
    22 April 2006 - West Ham v Liverpool, 15:00
    29 April 2006 - Liverpool v Aston Villa, 15:00
    07 May 2006 - Portsmouth v Liverpool, 15:00

mayordenis wrote:
    liverpool have a delicious run in to the end of the season

25 Mar 2006 - Liverpool v Everton, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***
    08 April 2006 - Liverpool v Bolton, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***
    15 April 2006 - Blackburn v Liverpool, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***
    22 April 2006 - West Ham v Liverpool, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***
    29 April 2006 - Liverpool v Aston Villa, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***
    07 May 2006 - Portsmouth v Liverpool, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***

I wouldnt call that delicious, its all made up of teams fighting relegation and/or fighting for a European spot. If Liverpool are as poor in the league as they were last season, they could be in a lot of trouble with those fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Draupnir wrote:
    25 Mar 2006 - Liverpool v Everton, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***
    08 April 2006 - Liverpool v Bolton, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***
    15 April 2006 - Blackburn v Liverpool, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***
    22 April 2006 - West Ham v Liverpool, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***
    29 April 2006 - Liverpool v Aston Villa, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***
    07 May 2006 - Portsmouth v Liverpool, 15:00 ***VERY LOSEABLE***

I wouldnt call that delicious, its all made up of teams fighting relegation and/or fighting for a European spot. If Liverpool are as poor in the league as they were last season, they could be in a lot of trouble with those fixtures.
    By that logic you could say the same for every game Liverpool have. None of those are "big sides", and the games against the two highest finishers this year are both at home.

Blackburn, Fulham, Aston Villa, and Portsmouth all finished in no mans land this year. I cant really imagine what they will be fighting for next year.

I wouldnt call the West Ham game "very loseable". Same applies for the West Brom game.

Of course there is a chance that any game could be lost, it is ridiculous to try to speculate how any team will do at this stage, but as far as run in's go on paper, that is not a difficult one.

No Chelsea, Arsenal, or United. No even Spurs, Newcastle, Middlesboro or Man City. No away game against a team that finished higher than 15th last year.

If that isnt a good run in (on paper) what is? Playing all the promoted teams back to back at the year end :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Does anyone know when our lords and masters Sky Sports decide what matches they want to move to inconveniance live in the flesh supporters?

It usually takes them a few days. I would expect an announcement Monday or Tuesday. Keep an eye here.

@Jivin Turkey: Im essentially working off how bad Liverpool were in the PL last season. Games away to Bolton, Id back Bolton in that game. Away to West Ham, very difficult, West Ham are going to be a good side next season in my opinion.

Its all just speculation, I could probably make the same list for United, Chelsea and Arsenal too. Every game is loseable its just, if Liverpool play as crap as they did, say away to CP last year, then a lot more games are going to be very dangerous for them than for the big three. Thats all.

• Advertisement

Liverpool do have a nice finish:

I think will be hard matches.
    Portsmouth could be in relegation battle on the final day of the season, I don't think anyone would be shocked at that.
    And Everton and Bolton are hard matches for obvious reasons.
    The others should be wins, although we'll be able to say better once we see how Liverpool preform next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

mayordenis wrote:
    liverpool have a delicious run in to the end of the season,

15 April 2006 - Blackburn v Liverpool, 15:00
    22 April 2006 - West Ham v Liverpool, 15:00
    29 April 2006 - Liverpool v Aston Villa, 15:00
    delicious indeed...

some might say, a little..... TOO..... delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Hopefully next season will be more open not the usual top 3 and the rest nowwhere, sunderland to be relegated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    delicious indeed...

some might say, a little..... TOO..... delicious.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

would rather have chelsea or asenal in the first match than Boro.

at least u know what your gonna get from the other two, boro are one of those dodgy teams for liverpool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Its all about form at the end of the day. Remeber Arsenal beat or should i say hammered Everton 4-1 away. Then look what happened.

Arsenal usually hit the ground running so id prefer them to play chelsea and liverpool early rather then the dreaded month of November. Still a tough start but you have to play all the teams sometime and if Arsenal could win that then it would do wonders of their confidence and could draw from it for a few months, meaning the difference between Winners and runners up.

So im kinda happy :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Quite pleased to get Chelsea at Stamford Bridge so early. Get the away trip out of the way as early as possible. If Chelsea win, well it's early in the season and they'd be the favourites at home anyway. If it's reverse that, then the sheen of invincibility is shattered with the whole season left to play.

Tough opening few games but as jank said, Arsenal usually start well so I'm confident they'll get through those games well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lets not forget, Chelsea have not beaten Arsenal in a long long time in the premiership, i fancy yet another draw or a 2-1 arsenal win.

Advertisement