Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteer work in the Dun Laoghaire area?

• 23-06-2005 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Was thinking of doing some volunteer work, maybe 2 days a week or so. Mainly just to get out of the house, because I work from home. Doing something outdoors would be nice, but Im open to anything really.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭arrietty

Em, you know there's a Volunteerism forum under Soc, right? Plenty of links there, might find something suitable. Good luck!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

LIve near the Big DL myself,

Tbh there isnt a Lot in DL, apart from street collecting....

if your looking to make a diffrence, you could go overseas for a life changing time,

I went to romania in 2004 and I can Honestly say i had the Best time in my life helping in a Childrens home in Galit. Beer's cheep too!

I went with Health Action Overseas. A Irish/Romanian charitey that helps Fund and Surport Romanian orphanages. I spent 2 weeks working on a Playground there and Just seeing the Children enjoy the Final Product, Really made it all worth while...

Feel Free to Pm me if You want more Infomation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭melancholymaidn

theres an oxfam store in dunl as far as i know, theyre great fun to work for and always looking for people to lend a hand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Yeah, a couple of charity shops down there. You could do a collection for charity down there. Call up charities to see if they want your help collecting for them(eg. Trocaire). You could hold a fundraiser too, like a small fair in the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks for the replies everyone. Working overseas would definatley be something I would love. However, I have to stay around here for the next while for a good few reasons. Maybe in a year or two I will look into it. Its something that I think my life needs right now...a big boost, or big change like that!
    Anyway, Melancholy, could you tell me more about working in charity shops? I get the impression that it would be more suited to a girl (trying not to be sexist!) - because mostly women work/shop in charity shops, mostly womens clothing etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Advertisement