Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GermanFront Mod Error

• 23-06-2005 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Ok guys have been having this problem for a while but didnt bother because BF2 demo came out but said I would try and get problem resolved now......

Ok see someone from the forum on xfire playing Cod so I try to join the server....verification of CD key goes ok and then goes to splash screen where the laod bar usually goes across bottom.....sits there for 10-30 secs and then crashed to GermanFrontMod Desktop with the error in the middle of screen

Unpure client detected. Invalid .PK3 files referenced C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\gfm\zzz.gfm.pk3

Now I uninstalled and reinstalled CoD;UO and GFM adn still had same problem so downloaded the files again and done a full uninstall and reinstall of CoD:UO and GFM but still the same....strange thing is on one occasion it loaded one of the maps but then on the change of map I got same error again

Will post up pic of error:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Hi Big Nelly,

I can't make out the error message as the pic is too small......is it the same message as before i.e
    Unpure client detected. Invalid .PK3 files referenced C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\gfm\zzz.gfm.pk3

wideband wrote:
    Hi Big Nelly,

I can't make out the error message as the pic is too small......is it the same message as before i.e

Yeah thats the one....tried wat u said before and didnt work mate!! not sure where to put the pk3 files.....left all the installs at the defaults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

This is the route to where the GFM .pak should be
    F:\Call of Duty\gfm

/also i dont have "zzz.gfm.pk3" any where in my COD folder and i have no problems connecting to servers.

Ok had to reload system because of BF2 problem(see battlefield forum) so any hints on installing to solve these problems? I usually leave to defaults!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Ok, this might sound stupid (and it probably does) but when I was having this Error Message it was because the servers I was trying to join were not GFM servers but normal UO servers.

Are you sure the server(s) you are trying to join are GFM servers?

Ok, this might sound stupid (and it probably does) but when I was having this Error Message it was because the servers I was trying to join were not GFM servers but normal UO servers.

Are you sure the server(s) you are trying to join are GFM servers?

Yeah because I only try to join servers that I can see people playing on thru xfire so it picks up GFM once I try to load it!!

Well I'll advise trying to connect to GFM servers through All Seeing Eye after manually creating a filter to find GFM servers. See if that works

Well I'll advise trying to connect to GFM servers through All Seeing Eye after manually creating a filter to find GFM servers. See if that works

Any tips on how to create this? thanks

Big Nelly wrote:
    Any tips on how to create this? thanks

I have Dcully to thank for that one.

You can easily search for German Front Mod servers with the All Seeing Eye. Here's how to do it:

- In the toolbar, go to "Filter" -> "New..." to create a new filter
    - Name this new filter GFM
    - In the large field below the "Name" enter the following:

1 if fs_game ~== "gfm" goto 3
    2 remove

You now have a folder on the left hand side called "My Filters" which contains your new "GFM" filter. And voilà! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yep I use a similar method to this.

Will install CoD and everything back onto PC tonite and check it out!!

I hope it works for you Big Nelly, let us know! ;)

I hope it works for you Big Nelly, let us know! ;)

Will do!! Thanks for all the tips!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

It may not work as I use ASE the same filter that DCULLY has specified and am getting the same error when I try to connect.

The server I'm trying to connect to is running the GFM mod as well.

Advertisement