Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DIY Central Locking

Options
  • 23-06-2005 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Just bought a second hand VW Polo and unfortunately it has no central locking. I've phoned a few places to see how much this costs to install and it turns out it's around the 300 mark. They're selling DIY kits on ebay for around 60 and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with putting these in and could let me know how easy/hard this is. Or if anyone knows of a cheaper garage in the Cork area that would be great too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

rgiller wrote:
    Hey all. Just bought a second hand VW Polo and unfortunately it has no central locking. I've phoned a few places to see how much this costs to install and it turns out it's around the 300 mark. They're selling DIY kits on ebay for around 60 and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with putting these in and could let me know how easy/hard this is. Or if anyone knows of a cheaper garage in the Cork area that would be great too

Maplin has then even cheaper. you get all the instructions but if you have knowledge of electric installations that's even better

Advertisement