Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

King Kong

• 23-06-2005 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

OK, its only two seconds of footage, but I think its worth it:

King Kong Teaser Trailer Teaser

This movie is already getting a lot of ****, I can't see why. Its one of the more worthy remakes to make. If I could only pick one last film for Hollywood to remake, and I wish I could, I'd probably pick King Kong. Peter Jackson is going to do a great job, it could of been so horrible. It could of been Ronald Emerich directing with the movie set in modern times and a 700ft tall Kong.

I cant wait to see Kong in full motion, Andy Serkis is just one of those really talented people who can do so much with their body, you can tell already from just those few seconds. Jackson said you'll be crying by the end, and judging by the cave troll in the Fellowship, I think thats gonna be true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Dinosaurs. Wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Dinosaurs are great, a big fight between a giant ape and a dinosaur? Yes please. I'm looking forward to this if noone else is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 destroyhumans!!

WHOA, that is SWEET man, thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

King Kong will be an incredible film, it's been Peter Jackson's lifelong ambition and he rates it as a more important work that The Lord Of The Rings.
    I know someone who had the chance to visit New Zealand and stay with Peter or a while during the production (twice), the word I heard back is that the world has no idea what we are in for with this.
    Look out for a 2.5 minutes full teaser in 3 days time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

grimloch wrote:
    Dinosaurs are great, a big fight between a giant ape and a dinosaur? Yes please. I'm looking forward to this if noone else is.

Actually, he takes on 3 dinos in that scene. It's glorious ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Looks sweet. Lets just hope it doesn't turn out like sky capton and the world of tomorrow. (Seeing as it had a little homage in it to Kong)

Sorry I know its silly, but that is such a bad movie, I just hope it doesn't rubb off on Kong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Thats how Peter Jackson is a genius. Its so simple yet brilliant, instead of having Kong take on one dino, have him take on three, brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

3 dinosaurs? I'm intrigued to say the least. Awww, its not out till December. :( Although the aforementioned 2.5 minute trailer should do very nicley indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Now that is the definition of a teaser trailer.......

Looking forward to it.

I've heard that they have weird swamp creatures like in the Fellowship on the island too. It sounds so amazing already, and its not even the best bit in the film, which will have to be when Kong gets to the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Some amazing visuals in that trailer. I'm really looking forward to this, no doubt Peter Jackson can do it justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I don't know king kong looks like a moron in that picture

I like how old king kong looked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Cyber Ghost, did I miss something there? I could only see a pair of large, hairy feet. Give him the benefit of the doubt; me may have REALLY smart knees.

Yes, you missed this picture from another thread.

edit:

this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=272043

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Cheers. I don't think he looks bad at all there. Not as menacing as the original, but I suppose that would quickly change if he were to open his mouth!

well it might ;)

but still, this one is way cooler king kong
    kong.jpg

the new one looks more like a dog(bulldog) tbh then an ape

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think the new Kong looks very good and we cant really make an honest judgement yet until we see the film but judging from the two pics I would have to say that the old Kong does look alot better and alot more fearsome and angry. Doesnt say much for CGI really.

Anyway I cant wait for this movie it looks tops and I know that Peter "genius" Jackson will pull it off

I think the old one looks like a fearsome impersonation of an ape.

While the new one looks like a fearsome actual ape.

Advertisement