Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sako Quad

Options
  • 23-06-2005 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭

Would this gun need 4 licences, it sounds like a great idea for those of us who cannot decide which rimfire to buy- buy them all.

http://www.sako.fi/quad_calibers.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Probably, I reckon. There is a category in PULSE for combinatiuon guns, eg drillings, but they seem loath to use it. With the Blasers or Sauer 202s that can interchange calibres, I've only ever heard of people needing to get multiple licences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

You could just get one barrell and save some ice cream for the rest of the class.
    Probably though , if you are in the market , I recommend you try and track down one of the previous guns to the quad. They are much higher standard and quality. It was a similar dilema I faced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

civdef wrote:
    Probably, I reckon. There is a category in PULSE for combinatiuon guns, eg drillings, but they seem loath to use it. With the Blasers or Sauer 202s that can interchange calibres, I've only ever heard of people needing to get multiple licences.

I have a combination gun Savage 22mag/20Ga.When I bought I got serveral versions of how it was to be liscensed.[1] shotgun [2] rifle [3]both shotgun and rifle[4] not possible.In the end they went for the one that would make the most money ,the rifle cert.So more than likely on a combo rifle/shotgun they will hit you for the rifle licsence.
    As they are four different calibres,no doubt four different licsences.If it was four different barrells of the same calibre in different lenghths for example.All you would need is them serial nr stamped to the reciver serial nr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Im in Australia, but returning to the old sod in December, so I have to decide if its better to sell my guns here (steyr 270, Mauser K98 in 308, ruger 22) and start anew at home or try to import them back - Ill probably sell the mauser anyway as it was a cheap gun (200 yoyo )that I had as a backup.

Advertisement