Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another OSCommerce / Online Store Question

Options
  • 23-06-2005 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about Credit Card Sales, I want to be able accept them with OScommerce. do i need to sort something out with the bank etc ? i know theres a credit card module that you can install from OSC but im unsure as to wheter it works. anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

How to process payments online is covered in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

osCommerce comes with a default PAYPAL util, but afaik It's not the best. If you search for the top 10 contributions on oscommerce.com I think there is a rather popular payment mod that will handle what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

what merchant gateway do you want to use? realex, euroconnex or worldpay or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You're probably better off using something like paypal to start out unless you already have a merchant account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I dont have a merchant account . I take it i need to get in contact with my bank to set one up yeah?
    Pay pal seems to be active on the store which is cool but a credit card option is the target im aiming for.

gar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Gar

You can accept payment via credit card using Paypal if you have a premium business account.
    The other option would be to sign up with the likes of 2checkout

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Yes you need to talk to your bank to get a merchant account. I've heard that Ulster bank are giving good rates and they can be negotiated with also.
    You need to check out the costs of chargebacks aswell. There can be a fairly hefty penalty.

Advertisement