Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Microsoft AntiSpyware Expires & Rumours

• 23-06-2005 1:29pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The current version Expires on July 31st and this rumour says that business customers will have to pay !

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758+1119529194039+28353475&threadId=906972
    I tried by changing my PC's date to 1st August and it pop
    up a message saying that this version of the Anti Spyware has expired.

Got this from a microsoft Security Seminar.

A new version Beta 2 will be launched.

Later on the year, their will be a final free edition for HOME users.

Sincerly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MS has bought a few anti-virus companies, so I say more will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

The current version Expires on July 31st and this rumour says that business customers will have to pay !

Or they could sue. If you've paid MS money for an OS which MS now admit has a broken security model - and that it was their fault - it has to be illegal to have to pay for tools to fix that OS. Words like extortion and class action lawsuit come to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I got the AS proggy when MS launched it but more recently when I've dl_ed it it's been only a trial.

Must check my home version...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

hostyle wrote:
    Words like extortion and class action lawsuit come to mind.
    Those words remind me of Microsoft, for some reason:rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Imagine if you bought a car and the manufacturer said "there's bugs in it but live with them!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Red Alert wrote:
    Imagine if you bought a car and the manufacturer said "there's bugs in it but live with them!"
    Yes but this is MS:rolleyes::D

Anyone remember that joke that the car industry made about MS making buggy software? or a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Anyone remember that joke that the car industry made about MS making buggy software? or a link?

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~nobyrne/ms-cars.htm ?

Advertisement