Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

callidus telecom

• 23-06-2005 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

hey guys
    have been asked to source wireless broadband in dublin. have been looking at callidus telecom and they look ok... anybody have a connection with them or hear anything about them??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

SOHO - Euro 35 monthly

This service is designed for small business/ home user's. It provides excellent connection speeds at an even better price.

SOHO provides speeds of 512Mbps/512Mbps download/upload at contention ratio 30:1

To sign up or find out more call 01-8263546

calll them up,
    from the "information" on their website either theyre the biggest gang of monkeys going,
    or the best kept secret in irish broadband ;)

ourcoverage.gif

somoen explain that coverage map to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

They have a huge glass of Dublin Bay water which is 60% full. Showing they are an optimistic crowd because they're not saying it's 40% empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Adey2002 wrote:
    They have a huge glass of Dublin Bay water which is 60% full. Showing they are an optimistic crowd because they're not saying it's 40% empty.

Good thinkin. now as long as no1 drinks the rest of it the public should be safe.

Chalk wrote:
    somoen explain that coverage map to me?

Id say it means 60% of the dublin area is covered its a bit of a hit n miss.

• Advertisement

i guessed that much ;)

dublin is slight bigger than a glasss of water tho,
    so 60% coverage without showing which 60% is almost as bad as the 512mb service

Chalk wrote:
    i guessed that much ;)

dublin is slight bigger than a glasss of water tho,
    so 60% coverage without showing which 60% is almost as bad as the 512mb service

512mb Sounds good 2 me ;)

Ya id say your best bet is to ring them bud that map could mean anything from
    60% bla bla to how cold the water is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭7aken

have had a look on their site alright. looks a bit dated though 9dont know if thats a bad sign) anyone actually use them though?? how is the service, customer service, reliability etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blipoc

Stay well away from Callidus Telecom if you need any sort of reliable service! Myself, three neighbours and two friends have just cancelled due to their complete disregard customer service. Our connection seemed to be down more than it actually worked. I've opted for Eircom, which I find OK (upload too slow but at least reliable), the others have opted for NTL and Irish Broadband as they had no landlines, no complaints from them either.

Advertisement