Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubs in Limerick

• 23-06-2005 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend any good stand up martial arts clubs in Limerick, i.e. Kickboxing, Tae Kwon Do etc?
    I'm hoping to enter the MMA league in August. I currently do Ju-Jitsu and I enjoy it alot, but im not too sure about my stand up and I wouldn't mind getting in a few classes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Ger Healy

Your best bet is to make your way to UL they have Kickboxing, Taekwondo, judo and aikido club there
    Some of the Kickboxing and Taekwondo guy work out together during the summer and they also do some sub-mission and mma
    PM me and I will give you more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Baldie wrote:
    Could anyone recommend any good stand up martial arts clubs in Limerick, i.e. Kickboxing, Tae Kwon Do etc?
    I'm hoping to enter the MMA league in August. I currently do Ju-Jitsu and I enjoy it alot, but im not too sure about my stand up and I wouldn't mind getting in a few classes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Get trainign with Tim or Ger if you can, they both have League experience, also Mike Carroll (if you are not training with him already) would be great for getting you ready, his Waza Kai lads are going from strength to strength this year in the League.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

also Mike Carroll (if you are not training with him already) would be great for getting you ready, his Waza Kai lads are going from strength to strength this year in the League.

Thanks Mark,
    I know they are, I train with em! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

You're more than welcome to come out to UL to us, pm me if you want more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

aye yeah the UL club there are great
    trained there meself when i was in UL
    but then moved to waterford and got lazy :D

Btw might as well ask here ...any good Kickboxing clubs in waterford ?
    need to get up to fitness again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Yeah Deccy, Billy O'Sullivans gym where the Waterford Vale Tudo guys train. I'll introduce you to one of the guys later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭cletus

hey baldie, i'm training with mike as well. trying to figure out who you might be. if you are at training tuesday or thursday, (or monday for that matter) say howaya to the long haired fella

-edit- scratch that, just figured out who you are, and i hope you've been practicing your triangle escapes, cause i'll be back training this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

cletus wrote:
    hey baldie, i'm training with mike as well. trying to figure out who you might be. if you are at training tuesday or thursday, (or monday for that matter) say howaya to the long haired fella

-edit- scratch that, just figured out who you are, and i hope you've been practicing your triangle escapes, cause i'll be back training this week

Sounds like a challenge to me!

Advertisement