Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Month Frozen Steak - Safe?

• 23-06-2005 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering about this. I have a piece of striploin steak which was bought last Christmas. It was frozen the day I bought it. Is is still okay to eat? It's vacuum packed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Well,
    Assuming it was only frozen once (or frozen, defrosted, cooked, frozen), and has remained completely frozen for the 6 months. Then yes, it is perfectly safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

yep totally safe once it was frozen before the Best before Date and remained frozen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

should be fine, so long as it was in -18, not the icebox! - generally its meat with high fat content such as bacon which cannot be frozen for ages.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Thanks lads. Steak it is then!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

If the steak is not freezer burned it should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

going slightly off thread I tend to freeze most stuff I buy, chicken breasts, steack etc, and packaged stuff like ..i dunno... fresh pasta...alaus says to eat within one month

how important would it be to do that , or are there some things you can happily leave longer / cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah it should be fine.hope u had a nice meal today.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 madchef

Yeag Shold Be Fine,but Let It Defrost In Your Fridge Pref In A Container With Lid On,hope Your Not In A Hurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Shamrok wrote:
    Hi, just wondering about this. I have a piece of striploin steak which was bought last Christmas. It was frozen the day I bought it. Is is still okay to eat? It's vacuum packed.
    How did it turn out?

Advertisement