Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DUBLIN test Server - FREE

• 23-06-2005 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Digiweb currently testing a new gaming platform. For now it's beta and free for all to use :-

- Server IP (and TS IP/Pass if applicable) and location: 83.147.161.92:28960, Dublin
    - Game (CoD/UO): CoD
    - Game Type (S&D, TDM, DM, HQ, etc): DM
    - MOD (No MOD, PAM, Realism MOD, HOB, etc): None
    - Maps/Game Types on rotation: Default rotation

- Server IP (and TS IP/Pass if applicable) and location: 83.147.161.92:28961, Dublin
    - Game (CoD/UO): CoD
    - Game Type (S&D, TDM, DM, HQ, etc): TDM

- Server IP (and TS IP/Pass if applicable) and location: 83.147.161.92:28962, Dublin
    - Game (CoD/UO): UO
    - Game Type (S&D, TDM, DM, HQ, etc): DM

- Server IP (and TS IP/Pass if applicable) and location: 83.147.161.92:28963, Dublin
    - Game (CoD/UO): UO
    - Game Type (S&D, TDM, DM, HQ, etc): TDM

Feedback appreciated - happy gaming :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

sweet bring on low pings? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

sweet bring on low pings? ;)

Hi B-Man, I tried it from home and I had something between 30 and 40ms on Wireless. I hope I'll see you on the server ;)

Pingoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Sweet I'll give it a bash at the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Just added the servers on my xfire, should be on over the weekend :)

Getting a ping of 46, sweeeeet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm on the CoD Deathmatch (83.147.161.92:28960) and my ping is great (even though my IBB connection is far from healthy at the moment...). It varies between 10 and 15ms. Went up to 20ms a few times but mostly between 10 and 15ms.
    Got all my team mates from France to connect and they had around 50ms and signal was really strong, no lag/packets lost.
    Then some German connected. They had around 90-100ms. One guy from the UK had 35-40ms.
    At one time, 8 players were connected and my ping didn't increase one bit. Proper server that! ;)

So, tell us about Gamejet! Are you going to be renting servers soon? The good news is, you have absolutely no competition in this country and an affordable provider is definitely required!

• Advertisement

I'm on the CoD Deathmatch (83.147.161.92:28960) and my ping is great (even though my IBB connection is far from healthy at the moment...). It varies between 10 and 15ms. Went up to 20ms a few times but mostly between 10 and 15ms.
    Got all my team mates from France to connect and they had around 50ms and signal was really strong, no lag/packets lost.
    Then some German connected. They had around 90-100ms. One guy from the UK had 35-40ms.
    At one time, 8 players were connected and my ping didn't increase one bit. Proper server that! ;)

So, tell us about Gamejet! Are you going to be renting servers soon? The good news is, you have absolutely no competition in this country and an affordable provider is definitely required!

Hello Steffano! I'm glad results are great on the server, we were not expecting less ;) So far we cannot really reveal all the details about the server as we didn't sort all the small details yet. I am more involved on the technical side myself so if you have any technical questions about the games on the server etc. At the moment we have only enabled CoD but I will probably start HL2: Deathmatch, CS SOurce and AA as well during the weekend as it gives us vital information about loads etc and what needs to be done to improve if necessary. So far so good anyway :)
    I won't be around the forum all weekend due to personal reasons but I will certainly be playing at some stage and maybe meet some of you :) We are also working on TeamSpeak at the moment so wait and see :)

Pingoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Nice pings well done :D

ill be on over the weekend! [CodUO]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had any other feedback...what enhancements etc would be good, what is bad etc etc...be brutal :)

I have no negative feedback for you as of yet crawler. Obviously when your company decides to publish their prices I will be completely outraged! :p But for now, nothing negative to report...

What do we expect from good servers?

- Excellent latency at all times, no slowdowns. Ever.
    - No downtime (don't you just hate it when the server crashes in the middle of a clan war?).

And so far, that's what these servers are doing.

Now if when you start renting your servers and they start getting busy and lag starts appearing as a result, that's when the complaints are going to flood in. But how can we know how your servers will handle heavy traffic? So far, all feedback is positive AFAIC. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Oh i`ll have to give these a go my pings are bad enough going to the UK anything that helps is apreaiacted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

A few mods would not go astray ! look at jolt.co.uk they have a mixture of :-

DM/TDM/S&D/CTF/DOM for each game.

with,

German Front MOD / Heat of Battle and Revolt are very popular mods at the moment.

Key is to restrict the slots and give people good latecy.

I'd even restrict pings to 80 and below.

Also a welcome note is good with good regulation of the server i.e No TKing / AutoBalance ect if there is no admin on the server ! And a fair rotation of maps! Incluude vote enable!

Drapper wrote:
    A few mods would not go astray ! look at jolt.co.uk they have a mixture of :-

DM/TDM/S&D/CTF/DOM for each game.

with,

German Front MOD / Heat of Battle and Revolt are very popular mods at the moment.

Key is to restrict the slots and give people good latecy.

I'd even restrict pings to 80 and below.

Also a welcome note is good with good regulation of the server i.e No TKing / AutoBalance ect if there is no admin on the server ! And a fair rotation of maps! Incluude vote enable!

Hi Drapper! Originally I had a mix of Game types but then just used DM and TDM just to make things simple for the time being :) I will create a couple of servers, try not to mix too many maps and Games types all in the same process otherwise the rotation will take forever, I'll create a few processes instead :D
    One of my colleague is really into the German Front mode at the moment and is planning to install it, for my part I haven't tested it yet. German Front Mode is definitely coming in soon, Heat of Battle I don't know yet, I'll have to test it first as I only tested a version from a couple of month ago.

Pings are restricted to 300 at the moment, I'd like to give a chance to everyone to enjoy the server for a while you know :) AS far as I heard from the feedback people with higher do not seem to lag the server so much but it is probably there is not much people at the moment but the more people and the more regulation ;)

Autobalance is yet setup to maximum of 3 players difference per team and vote is enable for maps, kicking players etc. already ;)

I can't really say yet what we will do but we have the idea of maybe allocating a few slots per server fr some designated admin, now I won't have time to play all the time on it so the choice of the admin is yet to be decided but we could actually ask for interested persons but it is not for now :)

We will probably also put some portal available to the players where they will be able to vote for new game son the servers etc.

Hope you like the answer ;)

Pingoo

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I have checked these out for COD and COD UO and pings are great !!

Anytime I check though - doesn't seem to be anyone on (early evenings...)

As Steffano says - lets see what things are like when there are a good number of users on-line :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ok seen as there is never really anyone on these server you cant really test it. How about we organise a time where everyone can meet on the server at one time and have about an hour of gaming to really test the server.

I propose Sunday 10th July 8 PM Irish Time (7PM GMT so you international users can find the time)

We can use 83.147.161.92:28960 and if it fills up we can use 83.147.161.92:28961.

If you interested in playing post up here and get your friends to come too.
    We want a good match and a good test.

ok seen as there is never really anyone on these server you cant really test it. How about we organise a time where everyone can meet on the server at one time and have about an hour of gaming to really test the server.

I propose Sunday 10th July 8 PM Irish Time (7PM GMT so you international users can find the time)

We can use 83.147.161.92:28960 and if it fills up we can use 83.147.161.92:28961.

Good idea, I should be able to make it this Sunday ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

It is certainly a good idea , as we have spoke here often about organising a night when we could all play but the server has been the stumbling point , now it ain't anymore . Sunday night though is usually a war night on CB so you might find ppl not able to make it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Hiya lads,
    takin' a wee break from COD OU and the wonderful GFM at the moment. I downloaded RTCW Enemy Territority for free 2 weeks ago and I must say its not bad. It's a bit more arcade-like than COD OU, weel a lot more but still the teamwork element in the Campaign mode is only great. Its a free download too...

How about you run this on the server as well perhaps? Anyone else playing it?

"Lets GO"
    Pale Rider IRL

I'll try to make it but I have a wedding in Cork on Saturday so not sure what time I'll be back at exactly... If it's before 8 P.M. though, I'll definitely connect to frag you all!

Vin, will you get your clan of homosexuals to connect also? :p Had a great time last night playing UO (never thought I'd say that!). We should do it again soon! ;)

Thanks all! We will keep logs etc running.

Zeroy - Can you make it this week end?

• Advertisement

Crawler,

Do you know when you will start offering servers to the public? Any news about prices?

Thanks!

Crawler,

Do you know when you will start offering servers to the public? Any news about prices?

Thanks!

Want to make sure it is rock solid first.....on pricing - lots of things being looked at, open to suggestions? :)

This still up lads? I forgot about it and so havent tried it out yet. Might give it a go over the weekend as i`ll be in my brothers.

crawler wrote:
    Want to make sure it is rock solid first.....on pricing - lots of things being looked at, open to suggestions? :)

Free server for 3 months for testers! How's that? :p

Seriously though:

- I think you should offer free TS with the same number of slots as game server.
    - I think the price should depend on the number of slots starting with 12 slots all the way up to whatever your max is (64?).
    - I think there should be a reduction if server is rented for long periods of times (e.g. 15% off for 3 months, 30% off for 6 months, etc).
    - I think prices should start at around €25 EUR a month for 12 slots servers and go up by around €3-4 EUR for every extra 2 slots.
    - I think you should have a great support for your customers (an MSN contact would or some kind of live chat through your website with 24hr support be ideal!)

The above might be outrageous to you but that's what I'm hoping for! :D

Anybody joining ???????????????

did anyone join. I missed my bus back home so i didnt get back till 11pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Had 2 clan wars last night do didn't finish up till after 11

did anyone join. I missed my bus back home so i didnt get back till 11pm.

just a few - 3 irish lads and a few guys from Poland !!

ah i`ll try get on tonight. I keep forgetting about it. I never check boards when im at home.

• Advertisement

i stopped into the deathmatch server 83.147.161.92 tonight. There were 14 or so playing and the server was running beautifuly. Got my self 63 frags for 38kills. I live playing on low ping servers. My ping was about 35-50 for the whole things.
    There were a few from LA there and they had pings of about 120.

I hope you keep these servers free. lol.

Advertisement