Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM awarded licence - Launching Summer 2006!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

or there will be much anger...MUCH anger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

.and blowing of noses in their general direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I hate Bob Geldof.

Roll on October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Latest update, and its a positive one. We were all back in court yesterday and the two parties involved (Scrollside Ltd t/a Zed FM and the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland) both stated that they were ready and anxious for the case to proceed at the earliest possible date.

The courts are on holidays now until October 4th, but the case has got priority status upon their return and will begin on Thursday October 6th. It is expected the case will take two or three days and judgement will then be reserved. The judgement will then be delivered in the weeks after the case.

So, progressing to full hearing at least!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

pity about the whole hoo haa but it'll be worth it in the end when they are on air and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i smell a rat.... i mean why did they ask for a review so long after the decision was made... i think thats downright... i dunno but downright >insert right word here<!!!!!! well i´ll be crossing my fingers for ye´s is there any way of gettin a kind of petition started to get the decision fast-tracked or something...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Does anyone know roughly how long this type of procedure could take? Are we talking weeks, months - a year or more even? Apparently there was a similar situation in the North-West. Anyone know how long it took that station to finally get on air? :confused:

Welcome Dudess,

The sort of best timescale we can offer is that the case will be heard in October with a decision in November and the usual timescale for appeal. So lets say we get the all clear on January 1st. We would then be aiming to be on air for March 1st, or basically 12 weeks after we get the all clear.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Cheers Pete. Looks like it's going to be another Christmas of bland festive tunes and top 100 driving anthems all over the airwaves (although I must admit I have a weakness for Wizzard featuring Roy Wood's I Wish it Could Be Christmas Everyday).

Curse those grinchy ebenezeer types...

ah surely mmr conway will be in on xmas day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

is there any way of gettin a kind of petition started to get the decision fast-tracked or something...???

courts on holidays. you'd have more luck roping in a classroom full of kids back to school in mid july. Unless bertie aherne goes on a mad killin spree there will be no opening of the courts. and even then no fasttrack!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Pete - No chance of getting some of the two-day licenses, like before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Jesus Trash Can

OFDM wrote:
    I hate Bob Geldof.

Roll on October.

Make Geldof History, :mad:
    Heads up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

You got the licence, fair and square. This is just sour grapes on Zed FM's part. I am fully sure that you will win and that Phantom will be on air sooner rather than later. It's shameful and a 'thunderin' disgrace' that these delays have been put into place, and I'm sure that you guys are all chewing nails over it.

But hang in there folks, we're all behind you cheering ye on. Waste these time-wasting begrudgers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

"Bite your nails, wait on results". :)
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Alright lads, best of luck next week, just wondering how soon after the verdict will the interviews take place (assuming you are victorious)

Hello all,

Just a very quick update to say that the case between Scrollside Ltd (Zed FM) and the BCI is up in the High Court for full hearing on Thursday October 6th. Expected to take two to three days (probably Thursday, Friday and Tuesday). At the end of this, judgement is expected to be reserved by the judge who will deliver his verdict shortly afterwards.

Thanks for all the messages and goodwill, hopefully we can get through this phase as quickly as possible and get on with putting Phantom FM on the air at last.

We will keep you posted.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Fingers crossed

oh good luck! i got called for jury duty and was like ohh maybe i'll get to go to that case but alas it was a differenet court.

Jury duty? deadly, go do a homer simpson on it :D
    cripes didnt realise it was that time already. best of luck, may the best (most handsomest, least whingeing, and over all superior) men and women win. we know who they are. and where they live. so they better get the right verdict :D
    ok ok i know they are not involved in the legal case directly, but a victory for BCI is victory for phantom and hence all of us.

• Advertisement

hehe, ah i can't od it cause i gotta go to college instead :(
    smurf, ahve you heard the new autamata album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

All the best....:)
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭QM79

Good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck!
    :D
    xx

Rockiemalt wrote:
    hehe, ah i can't od it cause i gotta go to college instead :(
    smurf, ahve you heard the new autamata album?

Just bought it today! along with the new turn album. and a fiona apple album. based wholly on the recommendation of spiderlegs. so it better be good. anyways im off to bed to hear it now!
    *breaks off another bit of luck for the lads*

ah cools. Tell me what you think... but anywho.. i'm wondering how phantom case is going....I'm wearing ym t-shirt today for good luck and the like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vic

Good luck guys! I have my fingers crossed!

Really brief update: Nothing happened today! There was no judge available to hear the case so we are all back in at 1030 on Friday morning to try again. We'll get there....eventually.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

The courts not running efficiently? thats a first.....
    best of luck tomorrow(today)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Pete Reed wrote:

I like the way you write the time in military style.

Pity the aul courts couldn't be quite so regimented in dealing with things today...

Thanks for the update, Pete, much appreciated as always by all us cheerleaders here on the board.

• Advertisement

*GOOOOO Phantom* *jumps of top of cheerleader pyramid*

Hope it all goes well today

Advertisement