Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM awarded licence - Launching Summer 2006!

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

That is just not funny, but Hanrahan really is that sort of petty little **** and would do it just to **** you over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

Legspin,
    do you have a right to vote?
    is that petty?
    No, of course not it's your constitutional right
    challenging something in the Supreme Court is a constitutional right and is how some of the most important legal decisions have been made in this country. I'm not equating this with the X - Case or anything but if you start saying people shouldn't exercise their constitutional rights you're on pretty shaky ground.

anyway, I've no idea whether it'll come to that, but I suppose people shouldn't count their chickens till they've hatched

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Just to fill in the gaps here. On the topic of appeals, as TrickyKid points out, there is always a possibility the case will be appealed to the Supreme Court, as is the constitutional right of the Zed boys.

However, and this is important, the judgement handed down last week was pretty comprehensive and clear in what it said. Basically, that there was no case. The available wisdom is that not alone would any appeal struggle and fail, but that it would be a ridiculously expensive process for a group who already have the entire costs of a high court case to find!

Only time will tell (and its not much time) and in the interim, we have a job to get on with and a radio station to put on air.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Aaaaaameeeeen Brother!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

radio.. what is this *radio* you speak of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

TrickyKid wrote:
    Legspin,
    do you have a right to vote?
    is that petty?
    No, of course not it's your constitutional right
    challenging something in the Supreme Court is a constitutional right and is how some of the most important legal decisions have been made in this country. I'm not equating this with the X - Case or anything but if you start saying people shouldn't exercise their constitutional rights you're on pretty shaky ground.

anyway, I've no idea whether it'll come to that, but I suppose people shouldn't count their chickens till they've hatched

Who said anything about a constitutional right.
    All I pointed out is, he is that sort of petty man who would appeal just to make life awkward for those concerned, not because he thought he had any chance of winning and nothing he would do would surprise me.
    How much has been spent on this already, and how much more would have to be spent on a Supreme Court defence? Not just money but time as well. And who can afford it better?
    Thus is the nature of the adversarial style of our justice system and thus does the law favour the rich and justice can go jump.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Phantom Fm has been an inspirational force in the irish music industury for many years and without it much of the irish musc scene that we know and love would not exist today. Never before has such a following been created for a radio station in ireland.
    We as Phantom listeners and supporters feel and care for the station and for many of us it has played a major part in our upbringing. Musically Phantom has to be the greatest influence on my life, nothing has ever came close to the joy of turning Phantom on to hear another amazing band that every other station had rejected and to just fall in love with their music.
    No other station has been thru so much hassle for something that they so obvoiusly deserved. I think that the massive amount of support that has been shown for the Phantom crew hsa shown that to everyone.
    We all tried to do our little bit in any way we could no matter how small and it has now payed off my our PhantomFM finally being awarded a license.
    No Longer will the radios in our rooms stand dusty and unused, because for many of us there has been no reason to use it since Phantom left our airwaves, So as I sit here now I have taken mine back out and Im listening to the tape I made of teh final PhantomFM broadcast and Im hearing our own Pete saying how he doesnt know where things will go from here. And you can hear the emotion in his voice... Here is the man we all love and know, most of us have met him and found out that he is one sound bloke(Some of us have even become part of the ledgendary PhantomFM badge group:D ) and now I can say with pride...Finally that Pete your work over the years has finally been rewarded with what you deserve. And for that you deserve CONGRATULATIONS.:v: :v: :v: :v: :v:
    Welcome back into the land of the free and with that freedom I know you will continue to open up the hearts and minds of generations to come to the Irish music scene and above all do what you do best...... Provide....
    MUSIC THAT MATTERS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Very well said master!!!!

I think you've summed up what everyone is thinking right there.

I have a recording of the two petes when Pete Reed said "If we had the opportunity we'd be here every day"

You've got it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Oh god imagine the two petes everysingle night...
    But yeah finally Phantom have the chance TO BE what theyve always had the aspiration and ambition to be!
    PhantomFM is dead long live PhantomFM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Please see thread regarding Zed FM/Scrollside Ltd appeal of the High Court decision.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭snowy (REAL)

woop woop yay!!!
    FINALLY i'm soooooo HAPPY!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Pete Reed wrote:
    Please see thread regarding Zed FM/Scrollside Ltd appeal of the High Court decision.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com
    Thanks. I'm off to write "I must be more attentive" 100 times on a blackboard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vic

This is amazing news! Congratulations to all at Phantom FM and best of luck!
    Roll on the Summer!!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

I can't wait :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Is there an official launch date yet or is it just some time in the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

have you any rough idea when the interview thingies may be taking place at all?

Advertisement