Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM awarded licence - Launching Summer 2006!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jehova

Well Done was ****ting myself the other station might get it! Feel a deep sense of pride that i've finally backed a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Wir_Sind_Helden

Well Done lads! Now we've all got somthing to talk about! Bahahahah! Denis! Pint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

It's about time! Great news!! :D

Congrats to everyone, you well deserve it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

I've found a purpose for my radio again - it had become a redundant square shaped object here in the house!

When do you go on air?

Serious congrats. Well deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redrob2050

You guys ROCK!! Well done!! You guys deserve it after all the hard work you've done. I can't wait 'till you are back on air. Im so happy that i'll have a radio station to listen to again :D .My radio has been neglected since you went off air. Congratulations again!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vanessa

Congratulations guys, chuffed for ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Annie

Best news EVER :)

It's been waaay too long coming, congrats all at Phantom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

oh happy happy days, time to give the CDs a rest at last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭snowy (REAL)

ROCK ON PHANTOM
    thats the best news i've heard in a while well done cant wait till you start broadcasting!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bumkins

Go on my son, on yer bike, have a pop and so on and so forth... Congrats to Phantom and all the guys that work there and thank you the owner of Whelan's!! You probably helped us alot :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 wunderzwiebel

Just want to add a sincere congrats from all here at skylight hq.
    Best of luck for the next umpteen years!
    Really great news for all those who love music, and in particular the Irish music scene. And ne'er a Britney to be seen........

Dave
    skylight

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Really and truely brilliant news... well done to everyone involved! Your hard work means we finally have some decent music to look forward too!!!

As for the BCI, you've gone up in my book :D

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 egg_

It's great to see a group of people getting something they deserve - hard work and persistence can pay off. Very happy for ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

yyyaaay!

victory!

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Excellent news. Can't wait for Phantom to start broadcasting again.

Congratulations to all the staff and everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

a joyous day indeed!!!!!!! :D:p:D:p

After the Americans f***ed up last week, this is happiness buzz we all needed

The lot of ye go out and get hammered for the next three nights solid, ye all deserve it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Batspice

Whey Hey from everyone here at Distant Warning in the UK- looking forward to tuning in from Sheffield.

Bats
    www.distantwarning.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

Congratulations all the way from Boston!
    Well done on all the hard work! So delighted for you all. Brian and I will be back for the holidays and I will be tuning in!
    All the best - and I'll be toasting you from here.

Tara
    xoxoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

Well if this isn't only the best news we have gotten all year!

First of all, congratulations to everyone who put the bid together. Your hard work has made all the difference to the listening public. Enjoy the pints.

Second of all, hats off to everybody who has worked/volunteered/begged/texted/phoned/whatever for Phantom over the last number of years. You guys make the station unique. Let's hope you (and we) all get to contribute to the station now that it's moving forward. Enjoy the pints.

Thirdly, thank %^&*% the BCI saw sense and realised that there was a huge gap in the Dublin radio market. The failures of Country FM, Lite FM, and Spin 103.8 to fully live up to their promised potential shows that what the market really needed was an alternative in every sense of the word. No other station pushes Irish talent anywhere as well as Phantom. No other station caters for the Dublin (and wider) music scene at all!

Let's not get bogged down in the usual "oh Phantom has changed" and "Phantom isn't as good as it used to be" nonsense, Phantom has to evolve with the scene it is a part of and it reflects that. Let's just be happy we actually have something worthwhile to listen to. I've had a blank preset on my car radio for a long, long time. It'll be great to have "PHANTOM" back. Let's all raise our glasses!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

Awesome, truely awesome news. Congratulations all at Phantom Towers. Alternative music HAS a future in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Um, at the risk of sounding stupid, when are you broadcasting and at what frequency?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Goe Phantom! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Congradulations from Worcester Massachudetts Usa . I saw the news I thought I had died and gone to hevan . All those years of hard work has paid off. Cant wait to hear you streaming live to the world again......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

well its about bloody time! Great news, hope you're all having one hell of a night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Michael McArdle

To Ger and All at Phantom,

I was absolutely delighted to hear earlier today that you got the licence. It's nothing more than you deserve. Enjoy the party tonight and I look forward to hearing you on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Glad to hear the news phantom is reponsible for turning me into a music nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

MANY COMBOLATIONS ELIZAGIRTH!!!!

I'm so thrilled for phantom.. serious congratulations are due to all involved. years of voluntary work and effort, promoting dublin's hard working bands, launching the careers of the best alternative djs on 2fm and generally just being cool!

Dublin deserves this!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

i'll be very interested in reading next fortnight's issue of hotpress :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dark Angel

Congratulations :D:D from three of your biggest fans. Come back on the air ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Outrageous!

never has anything been more deserved by anyone. Been listening since day one......guys please, please, don't change!

Made my day this has. :D

Advertisement