Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM awarded licence - Launching Summer 2006!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I think i might cry!
    Oh the joy, I've been wrecking my friends heads going on and on about this. Damn I wish I could come out and celebrate with you crazy cats! Please have another night out for us listeners, bring back phantasm!

Better news I could not have heard. This is excellent, congratulations to each and everyone of you. Ne'er a more sincere or decent bunch have I heard behind the mic!

RAWK ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Yeaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it felt like i had lost a big part of my youth while phantom was off air - i've been reduced to listening to the strawberry alarm clock!! but now phantom's back!!!!!!!!!!!!! huzzah!!! oh, say you'll still be doing phantasm??????? i feel like i'm a girl of 18 again.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 chutneyfarmer

What can i say but well done guys. You've worked for this for years and it's finally paid off. So happy for yiz all, especially the super cool Pete Reed!!!! Best of luck with it all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Juxtaposer

this makes me very happy,
    Phantom have had the best work ethic ive witnessed
    this is very deserved im thrilled for all of you.

well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Well done Phantom, this listener is chuffed to bits !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Pete, Ger and all at phantom FM congratulations from one who has listened to your broadcasts on Coast FM in the early 1990s I can say that no one deserved that licence more than you lot did.

Fair play to ye

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Congrats folks. Well deserved with the work you've put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lazernet

Go you beauty!!!!

Hello and congrats from Sydney Australia!!!! And all the team at Oz Radio Roundup.

You only got what you deserved! Fan - bloody - tastic.

George Long :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chefburno

Well done Phantom FM!! Congrats to Ger and all the team!!
    It was nice to be a part of the application...

Rock on!!

chef

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

So you finally got the License! After so many dissappointments in the past, ye kept plugging away to provide a quality alternative music station. Congratulations, here's to the future success of phantom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shug

Kin'ell kids thats great news. Hope you aren't to hungover today.

Any way hear you live next year.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Good work gentlemen, I admire your resolve. I would have given up years ago. Now you have the licence you can carry out your masterplan and do a Q102. Easy hits from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s here we come ;) Seriously though, well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭trent_derby

Congrats!!!!

long long overdue!!

Kudos to you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Woohoo!! And i'm actually in Dublin now to enjoy the delights of Phantom on the actual radio job thingy. Yes. Ladidah.

Hope everyone had a good night at the village!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

And I'd just spent a fortune on an in car kit for my iPod... oh well, I suppose I could stick it in the buy and sell

Well done boys and girls - been a fan for about 6 years now and you've been sorely missed. It'll be great not to be worried about you being forced to close down without notice!

Oh, and I suppose it'll be EVEN HARDER to get a song played on the radio now... :rolleyes:

/me tips hat and adds to the well dones!

I understand that you wont be on air officially with the new licence untill the summer of next year, is that correct?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Many congrats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Jimmynohands

Yeah, nice one! Now all I've gotta do is get the radio back outta hock, seeing as there'll be something worth listening to again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

phantom (phor whoever who asked, i can't remember) will be back on the air phrom july 2005. gots ta move premises& the like what with the legitimacy &all.
    phan-phuckin-tastic

and cheers phor last night also lads, i believe an insanely good night was had by all.
    phantom licence and polyphonic spree in one day. now that's justice for ya..
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 giallorossi

Has too be the best thing i have heard in ages i am delighted for phantom, bout bleedin' time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dairemcanallen

Well done Phantom. Been a fan since '99. About time it's back on and as I've been involved in a similar struggle with the BCI in regards my local station Dundalk FM I know how hard and frustrating it can be. Just make sure that the hard work and patience you put in to get on air wasn't in vain by going all out to provide the best station you can. Keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

may vongrats
    breath of fresh air :-)

WELL DONE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Well done for sticking with it. Youve introduced a lot of people to a lot of good music and thats what makes you special.

You deserve everything you got and not to be beaten by a no brains/no idea outfit you should be all be proud for the 'little guy'.

Hopefully SC is handing his notice in as we speak and getting his alarm clock out again??

5 years on/off a listener and 10 more to come

cogratulations.gifgit.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jofhomme

congrats to all in phantom towers, hope the hangovers aren't too crippling. At last the best team won. Hope there'll still be a good chance of winning the competitions now yez are mainstream... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Teehee, I just looked on the Hotpress website. A total of two sentences were written about Phantoms gaining on the licence. Sour grapes mayhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bro1

Congratulations to everyone in my favourite radio station!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Best news Ive heard in a long time. this calls for a celebration....YAY! congrats and all that... can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kitty Kat

Feckin AMAZING lads! Yis beauts! CANT WAIT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 someoneonapc

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!im soooooooo happy for you guys!well done the lot of ya!!mwah! :D

Advertisement