Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM awarded licence - Launching Summer 2006!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

after so many years.... it's about time ireland got itself a good radio station..

well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

Yay! Been listening to Phantom since I was a tweeny and it has taken me into my twenties on a wave of good music and crazy nights in Whelans. Well done to everyone involved.
    I completely embarassed myself on the DART last night by actually leaping in the air a little and squealing "yes!" when I heard the news on the radio.
    I can't wait until you're up and running and I can finally tune into music radio again (Newstalk is keeping me sane for now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 elburro_grande

well done lads.... finally good music on the radio again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Humnut

WELL DONE to all at Phantom. Am so excited! Missed you loads. Kept playing a tape of 'Grove songs' in a vain attempt to fill the void.
    Bring on July 05!

Humnut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello there all,

Wow! Really stunned by, and so grateful for all the messages of congratulations posted here since the good news came through. Thank you all so much.

We've been in shock since the decision, had a great night last night and are planning a few hours of that unfamiliar sleep stuff before we get stuck into the work of putting Permanent Phantom together.

Thanks to all who came down to the Village last night, all who posted and all who texted and phoned. For those who asked stuff, we will try to reply in the next couple of days.

Wow again and from all of us, Thanks.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Congrats lads :) . Good times ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Fair play to you Pete. Enjoy a few nights of relief-filled sleep! Raise hell come July. I'll be listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 squeeze

Feckin deadly news .... I don't know whats going on with my Karmic compass .... move to London and John Peel dies, leave Dublin and Phantom finally get 'permission' from the 'powers that be (aka the powers that don't be)......... Best of luck and congratulations to all involved ...... YAAAAAAAAY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

congratulations
    im so happy for you guys
    i'm delighted you got your lisence so soon after i got my car....now i have somethjing decent to listen to on the radio :)

so i hope all the dj's are preparing to be stalked again....well, hopefully ive grown up a *leeeetle* since then

sorry if this has been posted by other people on this thread, but any idea what dj's are coming back and whatever and when will you be broadcasting again?

by the way pete....i think its high time i got my own slot on phantom after millions of years of support ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LeonaK

YESSS! At long last - something happens exactly as it should :D
    Congratulations to everyone involved - I'm thrilled! It was the best news to get (in the middle of the night - thanks Aido!).
    Hey I went to bed with a schmo and woke up with Dublin's newest Programme Director :cool:

Well done guys. xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Laine

Wow, Im sooooo chuffed. I can hardly believe that justice has been delivered. After the whole Bush thing, its good to see that sometimes, just sometimes, the good guys win! Looking forward to hearing those tones again of 'Phantom FM - Music That MATTERS'. Congrats from musical Melbourne!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Leona, just to correct you, he might be Dublin's newest Programme Director, but he's still a schmo.

Sorry, had to point that one out. I can do this while he's thousands of miles away.

P. 8-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Yabba Dabba Dooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

amazing news for everyone who likes good music

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

well done all!
    i'm looking forward to hearing good music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭alternate DJ

yes rock and roll will now live on with everyone in dublin and there will be a station that will alway play good tunesyepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

firstly...
    WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO go phantom. oh yeah! :cool:
    and secondly, i 110 % agree with smurf, bring back phantasm. please? be nice?

like i said, wooooooooo go phantom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 stereo_carol

CONGRATU - F***ING - LATIONS!!!!!!!

You so deserve this guys!!! Now the empty pre-set number one on my radio can be filled again, it's been waiting!!! Great news!!! :D:):D:):D:):D

Carol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Can we have Tara back as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 madeline

hey pete and all phantomites,a bit late but...
    congrats on the licence no better ppl 4 the job!! Maybe i can be the tea-lady and bringer of biscuits when ur up and running, a verty important role i believe!! my world has been made whole...ah...bliss...xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lauram

Just wanted to say well done on finally getting the licence. Can't wait to hear you guys back on the radio, for those of us without the internet at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tenwit

Finally! A downside to living in New Zealand. I learn about this 3 days late.

4 Years of fandom pays off.. never lose the faith guys.. urok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 moes

Massive congrats to everyone involved in obtaining the license, truly a momentous moment in the history of Irish radio. Having just read through the extremely detailed and professional application, I can see why the BCI had no other option but to finally give Phantom its long overdue license.
    As someone who works in the 'mainstream' media, I am thrilled that the present Phantom generation and the ones to come will have a media outlet that matters to them. I also believe that the bond between broadcaster and listener is truly unique and that synergy helped to gain the license and will help the station thrive once it hits the airwaves.
    I have just one problem. Having just turned 33 recently and considering the station doesn't go live until July '05, does that mean I only have three months before I'm past the Phantom target market and I have to start listening to Lyric FM and begin taking responsibility for my life.
    Is Joe Duffy still on, I feel like getting this off my chest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

the prospect of Zed FM was not a good one.
    PLEASE, don't play pop crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Don't play pop crap... obviously you have no experience of Phantom at all!!!
    and very belated congrats to all at Phantom, can't wait till you are back on the air.
    bb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

pure relief....but why can they go on air right now?!?!?!? :mad: cant wait till july!!!!!! is it sad to be so excited about a radio station?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I would like to thank Bob for this wonderful oppertunity which has been granted to all those at Phantom towers so here it goes. Thank You Bob. What a word. Bob its palandromic and it rolls off the tongue. like a big purple banana. Yay Phantom. Go Team. i'm so so so so so so so so Happy. w00t. Yay. Deacent music once again. I'm just so happy i cant stop myself writing these wonderful ramblings. Can i put in a request for some Misfits if you have any as your first song back just to satisfy a random young rodent known as THE DERANGED CHIPMUNK! Ta da! Look at him he's so wonderful. Yay. I so happy bout Phantom that i think i shall compose a song:

Phantom is so wonderful
    Phantom is so great
    Phantom eats monkey brains
    Off a golden plate.

Yay. Go. Away onwards and all that malarky.

Goodbye,
    The Deranged Chipmunk aka Matthewthebig aka Matthew

beachbabe wrote:
    Don't play pop crap... obviously you have no experience of Phantom at all!!!
    and very belated congrats to all at Phantom, can't wait till you are back on the air.
    bb
    the trap is there.
    give it a few years, when the money sets in, you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

'the trap is there'

yeah, but phantom truly is something completely different than any other radio station that has ever been in this country, other than community radio. it's not about money, and no matter how much people are going to say that it'll change etc etc and when it does come back that it has changed, these are the biitches of the world. phantom is never going to be another 98fm/fm104(etc) hole in the ground piecea****, if it was there wouldn't have been a phantom for the last many years runnin at a no profit level, and noone'd have invested in it this time, cos the business plan states that they're aiming for very small income, comparatively, and they coulda just invested in one of the ones that they know to be a commercial success already, and so is pretty much a sound investment.
    people are gonna moan, people are gonna biitch, but phuck 'em. the spirit of phantom will endure, and we (the people) are good people.

i've gotten 3 hours sleep in the last 70 hours, sorry.
    *end rant*

• Advertisement

how do you know?
    people said the simpsons would never lose it's "bite"
    look at it, they won't even slag off George Bush now.

Advertisement