Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM awarded licence - Launching Summer 2006!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Warezboy

Zed was Pwn3d by Phantom.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

Yes! I finally got to post something. I've been in Japan for the last weeks so I wasn't there for the announcement. Thanks for all the kind words. I'm really thrilled. Can't wait to get back and have a drink with all of yez in

***** Whelans of Wexford Street****

Yes Whelans where you can see fine bands and drink nice beer with your friends.

And to all of you that are worried about Phantom selling out. Relax.....

at an MCD gig where you can see fine bands with your friends.

This post sponsered by Gloop Tech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Nice to see you back Pete. Its a good thing your Programming Director and not Sales Director. That wud be fun! Hah, the fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

Yeah, welcome back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Must have been living under a Rock, didn't see this till now. having just read tru all the post I must add my heartfelt congratulations to the list, and also Pete, don't worry about certain People opinion, just look at the Karma it says it all. oh and here while I'm at it have some of mine fore good luck

• Advertisement

whats wrong with my opinion!?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I've only just found this thread, FANTASTIC and about time. Congrats to all the Phantom crew :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mark in the UK

Been watching on from the UK with interest. We've got a chain of stations called 'Real Radio' here but looks like there's finally gonna be one that's worthy of the name.

Hurry up and sort a launch date, any excuse to get over to Dublin!

yeah, very few good radio stations since Phantom were closed, things are about to change though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

I was thrilled to hear the news that phantom got their licence, even though i live in cork, and won't benefit directly by hearin you on air, there is still web-broadcasts though i hope... but this bodes well for the rest of the country with an alternative radio station gettin a licence theres hope that other cities might see the light also... roll on indie station in cork... also for bands nationwide an alternative radio station is a good resource to tap into the dublin audiences.. but sure us cork langers know good music when we hear it anyway... tis hard to get a joke across on a message board, or do i just tell 'em wrong.. anyway welldone phantom ya feicers, slán

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

As a Cork bioure myself I must agree that this is hopefully the stepping stone for the rest of Eire. Places like Cork and Galway really need to be heard in terms of their musical worth. Oooh, maybe when Phantom is such a success in Dublin, they'll go nationwide! That's a warm fuzzy thought!

now there's a business oppurtunity.
    I'm moving to Cork and starting me a radio station...
    It should spread indie and alternative rock music throughout the country though,
    Then we can stamp on Joe Duffy's body and the war will be won...!
    only messing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 el oaf

Congrats lads.
    Justice has been done. hip hip!!!!!!!
    hope you had a blast Pete.
    see you in a couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

I love Phantom, does anyone know where the ghost of sleepland lives? or even sleepland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭snowy (REAL)

Even though this post is about a month old i'm bored and curious what is the ghost of sleepland? :eek: Ghosts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

I'll never tell.........coz I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 騎手

When will Phantom start broadcasting and on what frequency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭djmike

early july.
    the freq hasnt been confirmed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

105.5 I think is going to be the new frequency...

• Advertisement

wasn't there some problem with Zed FM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

Yeh there was. Something about someone from a certain irish magazine wanting phantom closed. I wont give his name. Ok, lets call him Nial 'X'. wait, no thats too obvious. Lets call him 'X' Stokes. Cant remember exactly, but Pete told me one night in Whelans. The conversation then turned on to women. I fell asleep shortly afterwards.

G'wan the phantom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rock angel

Thats terrible "asp" just goes to show what a shower of begrudging bastards there are around.

Looking to keep the likes of phantom down!

I think not!

Roll on July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

What exactly was Mr. X complaining about, and whats the latest on the entire topic anyway. It has me a little concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Thanks for the links. This much I knew already. I thought there had been further developments. Cheers anyway

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I totally missed all that stuff.
    Man, Hot Press are a bag of muppets, well, that's not fair, it's just the owner that is (and a fair whack of the writers too!).
    Why the fúck can't they just face up to the fact that Phantom won because they had the better proposal? Sure, they're well known because of their pirate days but at least that gives them a strong base.
    There's no chance I'd listen to Zed FM, especially not if it followed the same line as Hot Press magazine in regards jacking off mates and their bands on a daily basis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭McGonagles

flogen wrote:
    Sure, they're well known because of their pirate days but at least that gives them a strong base.

If the people behind ZED were really so shocked, why didn't they say (or do) anything back
    in November? By leaving it so close to Phantom's air date, and by waiting until Phantom has
    actually committed real money to the station, this is less about the BCI's decision, and more
    like an attempt to inflict maximum damage to the winning party.

It's a low blow, by sore losers. Shame on the lot of them!

It's a bit high and mighty of them to claim that Phantom got their reputation off the backs
    of pirate activity - all pirate activity had ceased after the temporary license was awarded.

Disclaimer: I used to be a contributor to Hot Press. Way back in the 1980's.
    Haven't read it since I stopped contributing to it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

McGonagles wrote:
    If the people behind ZED were really so shocked, why didn't they say (or do) anything back
    in November? By leaving it so close to Phantom's air date, and by waiting until Phantom has
    actually committed real money to the station, this is less about the BCI's decision, and more
    like an attempt to inflict maximum damage to the winning party.

It's a low blow, by sore losers. Shame on the lot of them!

It's a bit high and mighty of them to claim that Phantom got their reputation off the backs
    of pirate activity - all pirate activity had ceased after the temporary license was awarded.

Disclaimer: I used to be a contributor to Hot Press. Way back in the 1980's.
    Haven't read it since I stopped contributing to it.

touché.
    From what I understand the last few licences give out have been contested in court, Hot Press are just being sore losers, and as you said, trying to damage Phantom as much as they can. If I bought the magazine I'd stop out of protest :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

rock angel wrote:
    Thats terrible "asp" just goes to show what a shower of begrudging bastards there are around.

Looking to keep the likes of phantom down!

I think not!

Roll on July.

Thats if we get there!!

Advertisement