Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM awarded licence - Launching Summer 2006!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Just found out about this :(

Its a shame but I'm confident Phantom will win out in the end so the Irish airwaves can be a little less bland than they are now. After all its been 5 (6?) years; what are another few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Phantom will win in the end. A spelt out letter of the alphabet is no match for Phantoms phantasmagoria.

Good look all. Hope your back on the air soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Any news on how you got on yesterday lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Sorry for late update. Very little happened in court on Thursday. The BCI barrister sought a weeks adjournment to sort out an issue involving discovery of documents. Hopefully that issue will be resolved and we can start moving towards a full hearing for the case before the court term ends at the end of July.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 stereo_carol

Best of luck Phantom just found out all this now was feelin all excited that july was gettin so close! It'll all work out just hope it doesn't take too long as the rest of us have no decent music to listen to! And at least the BCI are behind you!
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

any updates from todays hearing?

Hello all,

Same again today. Literally 20 seconds it took for the Scrollside/Zed barrister to ask for another weeks adjournment to continue negotiation on discovery of documents and then about 6 seconds for the BCI barrister to agree. Getting far too close to the courts summer holidays for comfort. What an absolute waste of our time and Zed FMs money!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

grrr.. i bet zed are doing it jsut to annoy you guys...

keep on phantoming :) you'll get there in the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

I'm convinced it's like the new hobby of the rich. they cant go hunting anymore in the uk so they burns money on make nice guys like ye miserable. *shakes fist!!!*

i'm blaming it on this being page 13 of this thread and as soon as page 13 is over it'll start progressing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

c,mon page 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

it won't work if nots long and drawn on constructive posts on the stupidness oh zed fm....

right lets do a survey.. who thinks zed are silly?
    what is the best way to describe them etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

as sore losers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

just wondering if anybody knows whether any of this fiasco has been covered in the hallowed pages of Hot Press?

c'mon, i know some of you take a regular peek...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Achille wrote:
    just wondering if anybody knows whether any of this fiasco has been covered in the hallowed pages of Hot Press?

c'mon, i know some of you take a regular peek...

There's not much to report really, this paragraph is a possible inclusion for Niall Stokes' weekly procrastination:

"This forthnight we unnecessarily delayed the much-needed regular rock music radio service in Dublin by a further week. We feel it better that you cretins only read jaded, poorly formed opinions on music rather than listening to it and making your own minds up. We also hope to stop capitalism in Ireland by stealing Christmas. Muhahahahaha. "

I believe the ongoing debacle got a mention in Simon's bio in the new HP Directory though I may be mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

When do the judges go on holidays??

Guess it all has to get in before then.

Release Date : 23/06/05

Phantom FM to delay launch date.

Phantom FM is disappointed to announce that it is delaying its planned launch date. The station had originally planned to launch on July 1st. The delay is a result of the decision by Scrollside Ltd. T/a Zed FM to seek a judicial review of the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland’s (BCI) decision to award the Dublin alternative rock radio licence to Phantom FM.

“We have had to defer our launch date as a result of this legal action by Scrollside” said Ger Roe, CEO of Phantom FM, “Naturally we are very disappointed by this action especially since it started so long after the licence decision by the BCI was made”. He added that it was widely known that the decision to award the licence to Phantom FM was a unanimous one. He is keen to stress that this is a matter for the BCI and Scrollside Ltd. to resolve and that Phantom FM will not be commenting on the specifics of the review.

Phantom FM’s launch plans were at an advanced stage when Scrollside Ltd sought leave to seek a judicial review. “We had just started a recruitment drive, to which we received a fantastic response and we were in the final stages of negotiations on other key contracts including transmission, premises and sales representation” stated Roe. While the action is ongoing Phantom FM is working to ensure that the station will be in a position to launch within approximately 3 months of the conclusion of the judicial review process. These proceedings will most likely be heard in the Autumn. The station has been overwhelmed by the goodwill and support from both the industry and listening public alike and a new launch date will be announced in due course.

ENDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I think the Pete Reed Bio will definitely be in two volumes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

must... resist... urge to.... libel.... Zed FM.....

AHHHHHHHHHH!

• Advertisement

(Censored)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

(Censored)
    I'll second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

If there was a smiley face that had the look of a man with homicidial tendencies, id use it.
    :o <- instead, just imagine he's really really pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

(Censored)
    i'll third that

Hello all,

Back in court (again!) today. And to cut a long story short, all the discovery documents are not yet quite sorted and need to be reviewed on delivery so the case has been adjourned for a further two weeks. Effectively, for those who havent read the press release on the site, this means the case will not get heard in this legal term and will be put back until October at the earliest.

And that makes us all want to kick things. Hard. Deeply, deeply frustrating, but not to worry, we're not going to lie down and give up. Stay up to date at www.phantomfm.com

And as always, thanks for taking the time to read this and for the support.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

That's a joke Pete, stick it out though. Do you reckon they think they have a case? From my perspective it looks like they're just trying to sweat you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 playmate

yeah it is a bit ridiculas alright....theyre just wasting the courts time (and im sure our good tax paying money) they really are pathetic sore loosers! you'd think the judge would dismiss the claim against the disission and charge them for waisting the courts time....how many serious cases like rape and murder are being held up by all this s**t!!!

waaaay hey.. page 14...stuff should hopefully get better from here*

*that is supposing that the court action is relying on a post on an internet message board getting past unlucky number pAGE 13.. but the internet is a wonderous place and some strange things have come out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

I was gonna text you and ask what was going on but you don't reply anyway.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

It all has to be done.

I hope the court's decison goes in Phantom's favour.

:)

Advertisement