Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"25 to Life"....

Options
  • 23-06-2005 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

.... and how senators make advertising easy!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/story/320618p-274211c.html

You may have thought "Grand Theft Auto" was the last word in video game violence.
    Think again.

The latest in shoot-'em-up video game technology, "25 to Life," allows players to attack police with an arsenal of Molotov cocktails, broken bottles and baseball bats. When weapons fail, players make strategic moves using civilians as human shields.

Good job on this, politicians. I'd never heard of the game until you decided it was evil and didn't want anyone to play it.

(Too bad it's a stupid idea for a game though)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

All publicity is good publicitly. Was completely oblivious to the game too. Probably going to be another Manhunt reincarnation protest-wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I like the professional, reasoned and non-alarmist quotation from the mother at the end. That was my favourite part anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Ah, I was reading about this on Penny Arcade, where they nicely pointed out:
    The game he's talking about - 25 To Life - also lets you play as cops, but it's hard to imagine the man truly perceiving the fact

Great though, I thought I'd have to wait til the next GTA for another serving of sensationalist bull**** [about computer game violence].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

The game, he said, is likely to "produce cowards that will hide behind a gun."
    omg irony overload.... brain... melting...

Advertisement