Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a DVD/HD recorder with ntl digital

Options
  • 23-06-2005 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying a combined DVD/HD recorder unit. Been looking at a few different options, with the Sony version I've seen in the Sony Centre (sorry, model numbers escapes me at the moment) looking like a likely contender.

I've studied the unit closely, and it carries a 'decoder input' RGB SCART port, which i presumable feed my ntl STB into rather than to the TV. Anyone have experience of using it in this fashion?.

Kind of things I'm wondering about are ease of recording, quality, problems if any. Can you program the until to record in your absence?. i.e. set the STB to change to the appropriate channel and set the HD to record at the same time kinda thing?.

Any advise/thoughts much appreciated!.

Cheers!

AG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

You can connect the ntl box into the HD recorder, as you say. To get the STB to switch channels you can set them as AutoView events in your viewing "diary" and the STB *should* change channels. You WILL have to programme each event seperately into your HD recorder planner and have it record from the input from the STB. The ntl box will have to be left on at all times, as the AutoView function will NOT take it out of standby, like sky digiboxes. Also, the software is very prone to crashing so don't be surprised if the box decides to lock up and end up recording nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I recently bought a JVC DR-MH30s box. It's got a "remote link" for controlling external boxes. So far though, I can't get it to link with my NTL MMDS digital decoder. The NTL box is a Pace Di300 box. Now the JVC does have codes for Pace boxes, but none of these enable me to change channels on the NTL.

Any got any ideas? :confused:

I guess I just need the right code to link the boxes.

Advertisement