Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Condoms are best?

• 23-06-2005 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, when you want to have a really special night and you really want to, you know, do everything just perfect for the woman you love, what condoms would you recommend make the experience feel as sensual as possible. I know theres the ones that dont feel like you're wearing anything at all, but ive never had sex w/o wearing a condom, so i dont know what the difference is, and neither would she. We want to use something that will let us take our time, and let us relax and feel every bit of the experience. any taughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

i hate condoms. they hurt me when i use them but the only ones that dont hurt are extra safe!! and these yellow packet ones my guy got a while ago! also femidoms are good they dont hurt either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Ok, before I start I'm in a giddy mood and just got the thought wouldn't it be great if Boots did an exchange or try before you buy programme???

Now for something a little more serious...
    Everyone seems to have their own idea of which is best, personnally I prefere Durex Avanti, it's great for sensation because it is so light, someone posted here awhile ago that appearently there was an issue with the pore sizes on them, but I never heard anything despite looking for the supposed report. The other thing I liek about them is that they are slightly larger which mean they are alot easier to put on (ie, no embarassing fumbling with yourself for 5 minutes).

The downside is that because there is much more sensation they are not as good if you want to "take our time, and let us relax and feel every bit of the experience" for obvious reasons. At the other end of the sprectrum you can buy extra safe so that you can take all the time in the world but you're gonna lose the intamicey. You could try a delaying cream but I've never used one so I can't say if they are worth the cash.

Your best bet is to buy a lot of different ones and see what you like best but try and stick with a reputable brand.

The other option is to consider the pill, but thats a whole different ball game.

Yellow pack??
    Sorry but that jsut reminds me of Quinnwsorth Yellow Pack brand......

safex sensitive!! thats the yellow packet one! (forgot i had on in my wallet!)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

You should NEVER keep condoms in your Wallet.... It wears down the latex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

*Page* wrote:
    safex sensitive!! thats the yellow packet one! (forgot i had on in my wallet!)
    Yeah. Safex are horrible. They come in the vending machines the toilets in night clubs and pubs. The vending machines also do mint flavoured chewing gum as well, which is handy.

Durex have their Featherlite range which I like, but it may not be what you are looking for. I found their Extra Safe brand almost completely removes all sensation for the male, also some women might find the spermacide to be an irritant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Would ye all stop talking about sex :(

Haven't got any in ages.....

well i woundnt use it now anyway!! he bought them well over a year ago... its been in my wallet(old wallet) since then... I thought they were ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Go for Trojan. I had a lot of problems with those cheapo ones you get in vending machines.. seemed too tight and cut off the blood supply (you know what that means!). Trojan worked a treat, and they are No1 in the US. Very high in quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I use the male morning after pill.

I take it the morning after and it changes my blood group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

My fav is probably Durex featherlite. A few weeks ago myself and the girlfriend for the laugh browsed the condom section in tesco discussing the pro's and con's of each one in detail based on the little read me section at the back. Even a nun walked past! Tried Pleasuremax, its got raised bumps and ribs, she quite liked that alright tho does reduce sensitivity a lil i find, not as much as extra safe tho. got these other american ones recently in boots as well, kinda shell shaped which she absolutely loved though you have to pull back foreskin entirely which i was not a big fan of..ill check name when i get home and post tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

avanti or fetherlite are his fave...mine is the pleasuremax-feels great ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hmmm....she will like the dotted ones. Cant remember what they called, only used them once. But my gf liked them. Apparently:

"You can feel all the little dots!"

:)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

What a odd thing to say during sex...

What a odd thing to say during sex...

Could be worse.

Could be "I can't feel anything!"

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

do you not find thsoe femidom things really odd and not very asthetic?neither are condoms but still i duno only used them once and it freaked me out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

K-TRIC wrote:
    Would ye all stop talking about sex :(

Haven't got any in ages.....

yes i agree...........stop the torture!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHUCI first time a bit odd second time not so bad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Hmmm....she will like the dotted ones. Cant remember what they called, only used them once. But my gf liked them. Apparently:

Ribbed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

I use the male morning after pill.

I take it the morning after and it changes my blood group.

Best ive heard in a long while.... :D

Claps hand to Corinthian.

• Advertisement

Nope, not ribbed. Tried those, but she didnt like them. I think someone mentioned the name of the dotted ones? Pleasuremax? Or something.

Anyway. Go into a pharmacy and ask for some dotted rubbers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

*Page* wrote:
    CHUCI first time a bit odd second time not so bad!!
    ahhh very interesting. but was it with the same guy?

no,but the second time the guy i was with was actually good in bed so that could of had an effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

And if the sex is really bad, you can just join the dots for something to do.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

why dont you both go into a shop together, look at all the packs, and then pick 3 or 4 3-packs and go home and try them all out.
    think of it as foreplay.

i mean seriously, how is anyone supposed to tell you which type of condom is going to be right for you?
    make up your own mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Durex Avanti, class but expensive... Durex tingle, performa r both v good n add something a little different. As Whitewashman said, try em all. Its like asking what sort of alchahol should i drink(most people will say all)....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

I have to say I like the ribbed ones.
    I dont know how confortable they are for men, but from a female point of view, they're my favorite ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Durex do a variety pack. Get that. I think it has 12 condoms of 3-4 different styles/flavours etc. Boots do a good selection but yeah go in with your girl and pick em out.

Just be cautious of the Tingle sensation ones. They made my Crowbar Of Love feel all minty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭shellby

They made my Crowbar Of Love feel all minty.

• Advertisement

shellby wrote:

you don't have to answer this question but is it your first time together

What? The first time me and my crowbar got together? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Practise safe sex-
    don't tell her where you live

What? The first time me and my crowbar got together? :rolleyes:

edited to avoid sarcaism

and i'm sure you and your crowbar have spent many a lonely night together

el tel wrote:
    Practise safe sex-
    don't tell her where you live

:rolleyes:

shellby wrote:
    edited to avoid sarcaism

and i'm sure you and your crowbar have spent many a lonely night together

*sings* Sad but true..... :(

gillo wrote:
    Yellow pack??
    Sorry but that jsut reminds me of Quinnwsorth Yellow Pack brand......

hehe, i remember Quinnsworth :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Try durex preforma. there is a chemical laced on the inside that sort of numbs the penis but the size stays the same. can double or even triple the lenght of sex. and sometimes bring it to the point where it gets boring :eek:

Advertisement