Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spainish Music

Options
  • 23-06-2005 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm hosting a Spainish themed party this weekend. I need to buy a few Spainishy cd's...nylon guitar, flamenco, etc?? Could anyone recomend good cd's to get??

Another thing, does Rodrigo Y Gabriela play Spainish music, I've never heard their albums.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

jamieh wrote:
    Another thing, does Rodrigo Y Gabriela play Spainish music, I've never heard their albums.
    Aye they play spanish guitars and some flamenco-ish stuff, but they put their own spin on it. I'd say they'd be quite appropriate, and they're very listenable. Another good one if you can find it is the spanish guitar version of "Hotel California" that was on the Big Lebowski soundtrack; a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Gypsy Kings could go down well. They did Hotel California amongst other things. Flamenco can be very hard to take, so be wary of playing too much of it. You could also hunt down Paco de Lucia, a master guitar player. I could suggest some bands but most of my knowledge of Spanish pop is from the early 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Actually, the main members of the Gypsy Kings were born in France to Spanish parents who fled there during the civil war. They do typify Spanish Gypsy music, though.

Anyway, if you are looking for some Spanish cheesy rock I suggest Heroes del Silencio.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Shabadu wrote:
    Actually, the main members of the Gypsy Kings were born in France to Spanish parents who fled there during the civil war. They do typify Spanish Gypsy music, though.

Anyway, if you are looking for some Spanish cheesy rock I suggest Heroes del Silencio.

True, popular gyspy music :rolleyes:

Heroes are the business. Still rocking after all these years. Best years behind them methinks.
    You could also check out Miguel Bose :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Cool guy called Manu Chau might be right up your street. Its kinda funky laid back spanish groove type music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cool guy called Manu Chau might be right up your street. Its kinda funky laid back spanish groove type music.

Yeah, you can't go wrong with Manu Chao.

I was at his gig in the point a couple of years ago and it was brilliant. I had one of his albums and thought it was quite good but ended up getting free tickets to go see him. I have never seen so many Spanish people in one place in Dublin (well apart from the DART during the summer months!!)

The atmoshere was amazing and he played something like an hour over the time he was supposed to finish.

B.

Advertisement