Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewall behind IOL Zyxel router?

• 23-06-2005 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anybody has tried putting a firewall (ZyWall 5w say) behind the one of the IOLBB Zyxel 623 routers? I'm on the standard 2Mb home package, no static IPs. If you've done this, roughly how did you go about it? Do I need to put the router in bridge mode or what?

I don't really want to double NAT (NAT on router and on firewall) as I'm trying to set up a VPN from the firewall to a firewall in work and imagine I'd have grief with that. Though suggestions in this are welcome as well!

Thanks,
    Philip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Nevermind, sorted. Did double NAT but had the router forward all ports to the firewall. VPN came up first time, can't beat Zyxel-to-Zyxel for easy VPNing :).

Thanks anyway...

Advertisement