Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1942 wont go online

Options
  • 23-06-2005 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hello all,
    This might be a strange one but here goes.
    Whenever I go online (BB) it says that I'm running the wrong version and to upgrade, downloaded the 250(ish)MB file and installed. Crashed on install. So still can't go online.
    The background to this is that I first bought the game and the CD seemed to shatter from the inside out. :eek: Tiny cracks going from the inside outward on CD1. So, ended up buying it again. Guess what, it happened again. :eek: :( :eek: Brought it back to the shop, they said it had nothing to do with them. :mad:
    To avoid hassle I downloaded a no-CD craic. This solved the issue about needing the CD to play. :)
    But I'm wondering, will the 250(ish)MB patch EVER install allowing me to play online, and if it does (Requireing another download) will it start asking for a CD again. So will I have to buy it again!!! :confused:

Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You need the original EXE in place before patching, bf42 and nocds are not good they rarely work on the latest patch.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

Ah!
    Which means a repurchase. Don't think I backed up the origional exe at the time.

Also, If I have the origional exe, and install the patch, I'm back to square 3 (1 being the purchase, and 2 being when the CD went belly up)

Do you know if the CD spilnting has happened to many others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

Kdjac,

Can you tell me was BF1942 the first of the Battlefield series? How different is it to the recent stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Since you have a legal legit key, just get it off the net.

The thing about the CD's cracking happens. A mate's C&C CD's cracked like yours.

Either that, or get a copy off someone who has it. As you have a legal legit key you should be OK.

When you get htis, upgrade, then apply the NO-CD crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

mosses i host orignal exe for you , is there a DLL file in the nocd crack file?

name it and i host that too then run the patch.

/tim bf42 is the 1st its still the best unless Bf2 beats BFv isnt that great compared to it.
    worth getting tbh just to have still played online a lot.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

Will check it out when I get home. Love the game though. Honestly. Had to give it up once for about a week as My dreams were in 1942 graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

As for the CD cracking - yes!!

I've never cracked a single game. Except TWO copies of 1942.....maybe bad batch of cheap cds used?

Ive since been using a downloaded version instead, but still, no way i was going to pay for a third copy

Advertisement