Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fashion/Appearance

Options
  • 23-06-2005 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

Is there any reason why I'm being told I don't have sufficient privileges to acces this board? Anyone else not able to access it as well?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I can access it. Maybe you got banned - a rare occurance there tbh.

You can take a look if you log out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Fill in a helpdesk ticket, or maybe post in feedback, or PM mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Could someone check the latest threads in there to check if I've been banned? I really can't think what it would be for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Steveire wrote:
    Fill in a helpdesk ticket, or maybe post in feedback, or PM mods.
    Plaguemail is the word:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, you were banned for a week for attacking a poster.

something about.. dubes and... posh people?
    in umm... some thread.. I can't really remember right now.

come back in a week.

• Advertisement

I don't remember posting anything about dubes.

it was the Irish fashion thread, you quoted something Wez said and went on a rant.

you said something about posers too, I remember now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

He must be a fashion victim
    /dodges bricks.

"I know those A&F types. I went to school with those types. It is not about the clothes, it's about the attitude. You're one of those poser types who is so insecure he feels like he has to use his social class to put others down. You have money, you have a posh accent. Big deal! There are so many people like that around these days. If someone dresses in a full tracksuit and wears hooped earrings that does not make them a bad person. Not everyone wants to pay $40 shipping for a pair of tracksuit bottoms.

Do yourself a favour and get your head out of your a$s."

So you think it's ok to go on calling people who don't have D4 accents knackers and saying that if you wear a tracksuit and hooped earrings you're not as good as someone who wears Abercrombie?

yeah.. who said that?

I looked, but couldn't find it.

• Advertisement

I can't access the 1st page of that thread as I haven't accessed it in a recent enough time for it to be in my history but Wez said that "which would you prefer, a girl with a nice accent or a knacker". He also went on to post other remarks about knackers in other fashion related threads. I was angry at the way in which he phrased his posts and felt it was inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

LadyLotts wrote:
    "I know those A&F types. I went to school with those types. It is not about the clothes, it's about the attitude. You're one of those poser types who is so insecure he feels like he has to use his social class to put others down. You have money, you have a posh accent. Big deal! There are so many people like that around these days. If someone dresses in a full tracksuit and wears hooped earrings that does not make them a bad person. Not everyone wants to pay $40 shipping for a pair of tracksuit bottoms.

Do yourself a favour and get your head out of your a$s."

So you think it's ok to go on calling people who don't have D4 accents knackers and saying that if you wear a tracksuit and hooped earrings you're not as good as someone who wears Abercrombie?

You got banned for posting THAT? That's ridiculous!

it's a pretty ridiculous forum

That doesn't mean you can just go banning people on a whim.

I didn't.
    that's a fairly aggressive post, I didn't like it and I thought if I left it alone the thread would descend into utter chaos and I'd have to close it .. as has happened oh so many times.

this reminds me.. I think I have to unban some people

You don't really contribute very much to that forum imo. But fine, if you're going to be a jerk and ban me for standing up to someone for classing people simply by the way in which they dress and talk then I don't believe I wish to contribute to that forum, which is quite clearly moderated in a biased and unfair way, in the future.

no, I don't contribute to the forum. I try to keep it a little neat and tidy, I don't give a **** what you wear or how you look. I don't care about you :)

there's a lot of generalising going on in that forum and I'm not about to ban people for it, I'll edit a post if I think it's too much or if another poster reports it.. but personal abuse is right off.

It's been nice having you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I'm sure there's a suitable gathering card for for this situation somewhere. Ah well. Coco Pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Beaten like a red-haired step child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

is wez banned?

• Advertisement

Nope.

But he started off the attack!~~~wez"The d4 look isn't all that bad.. It's down the road from me, and so I see it alot.. Hot girls, wearing tightish A+F cotton bottoms, a pair of Dubes, and a good accent.. What more could you want..?

A knacker Northsider, in a tracksuit, a pair of Nikes, massive hoop earings, a knacker haircut, a bad accent, and a lot of debt..?

Get real.."

And so the attack started...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

ah yes: here it is.

moderated.jpg

no he didn't

who did he attack there? he didn't attack a single poster ffs. Sure he made a comment you might find offensive, but he's entitled to his opinions. If he started calling people knackers etc, etc then I'd ban him. But he didn't.

and now he probably never will.

I hope you're all very proud of yourselves.

He started it by telling LadyLotts to get real. and his comments dont bother me.. but thanks for your concern..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Get real *Page* !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Chillax people.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

LadyLotts wrote:
    You don't really contribute very much to that forum imo.

Depends on what you mean by contribute. I put quite a bit of thought into who would moderate that forum, and contribution in the sense of getting into discussion of fashion was most certainly not what I was looking for.

Advertisement