Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round bottomed wok problem...

• 23-06-2005 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

just bought a wok. round bottomed.

doesn;t sit right on my gas hob (obviously) - i have a feeling i will have to chuck it out (or return it).

ANy other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You can get round metal rings with four small cutouts in one side to fit over the 'arms' of the cast iron thingies that the pans sit on. Ask in your local friendly Asian Store/Market/Emporium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The Asian Emporium beside the Jervis Street Luas stop has these rings if you are interested, they also have all the tools etc, is a cool shop, just beware of the deserts section they look good but are strange if you dont speak Chinese and know what you are eating.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Funnily enough that's where I bought the wok. Didn't think to look for the rings though.

Cheers guys.

Advertisement