Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an MP3 player - which one?

Options
  • 23-06-2005 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

All

A pressie for the missus. She probably wants an ipod. What's the best in terms of quality of sound, reliability, ease of use, looks. Where's the best value in Ireland.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

quality of sound, reliability, ease of use, looks.

sounds like an ipod mini will do the trick.
    Where's the best value in Ireland.

afaik www.apple.com is still the cheapest in ireland. probably same price in the 3g shops.

how much space you looking for? will 4 or 6gb do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

bzpc26 wrote:
    All

A pressie for the missus. She probably wants an ipod. What's the best in terms of quality of sound, reliability, ease of use, looks. Where's the best value in Ireland.

Cheers.

If she want's an ipod get her an ipod.

Iriver are a better buy IMO but keeping the missus happy is a much better bet for your long term happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If she's looking for an iPod, as John R says, get her an iPod. She wants it for reasons you may never understand.

The iRiver H320 or H340 however, is the top of the bunch at the moment, to be honest, and is the one I want for myself. If you're looking for the best in "quality of sound, reliabililty, ease of use" and are not THAT bothered by looks (i.e.: functionality over cosmetics) ... then go for iRiver.

I'm looking for an MP3 player myself.

Correction. I sell them. I know them. I'm looking for an iRiver.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Once again if its an iPod she wants get her one, but my two cents in as far as what is best is the iAudio X5. Full thread about it in this section.

Advertisement