Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Picking parts off gsfcarparts

Options
  • 24-06-2005 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

I need front brake pads for my 2000 1.9diesel 306. It has abs so i assume it needs the brake pads with sensors???? Can anyone point me to the pads i need from the list i pasted below off gsf site. Thanks.
    On a seperate issue theres an abs light on my dashboard, its been there since i bought it, 4months ago, never got it chked. ;) Could this be bad? sure i suppose ill get it chked when getting the pads fitted. Ive a friendly mechanic that does all my work, cheaply. :D

Also, i need a glass piese for my RHS mirror, its E4 on gsfcarparts, these would be ok, yeah?

T64003B BRAKE PAD SET-FRONT 306 CABRIO 99> 21.50 Add
    T64012 BRAKE PAD SET-FR BENDIX 306 2.0 GIRLING SYSTEM 22.50 Add
    T64014 BRAKE PAD SET-FR BENDIX 306 WITH ATE SYS 13.25 Add
    T64014B BRAKE PAD SET-FRONT LUCAS 306 (ATE) 97> (NO SENSORS) 21.50 Add
    T64014BG BRAKE PAD SET-EBC 306(ATE) 97> (NO SENSORS) 28.50 Add
    T64014D BRAKE PAD SET-FRONT 306 MK2 21.50 Add
    T64015 BRAKE PAD SET-FR TEXTAR 306 WITH ATE 26.50 Add
    T64015B BRAKE PAD SET-FR TEXTAR 306 ESTATE 97> 25.00 Add
    T64016 BRAKE PAD SET-FR BENDIX 306 BENDIX 14.50 Add
    T64022 BRAKE PAD SET-FR TEXTAR 306 FRT GIRLING 22.50 Add
    T64022B BRAKE PAD SET-FR BENDIX 306 FRT GIRLING 17.25 Add
    T64600 BRAKE PAD SET-REAR BENDIX 306 ALL 14.00 Add
    T64601 BRAKE PAD SET-REAR TEXTAR 306 ALL 21.50 Add
    T64603 BRAKE PAD SET-REAR LUCAS 306 ESTATE 14.00 Add

Ps: If i foned Peugeot main steelers, would they tell me the part numbers or would they be unwilling to give this info, knowing im gonna be buying themelsewhere?

Anyone have experience buying off this site,,, are they reliable? I assume the prices in Euros, yeah as theres no symbol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Firstly the "sensor " reference on the brake pads has nothing to do with ABS. This is a wear sensor not an ABS sensor.

ATE and Lucas are the manufacturers of the brakes sytem so you can look at the master cylinder which will have either name on it. Textar and EBC are a brand of brake pads so for example you could get a set of Textar pads for your ATE equipped car !

You need to find out what exactlky the light on the dash is for. The ABS warning light ( system inoperative) looks very like the brake pads sensor light, and the ABS one normally actually has "ABS" written into the lamp. If it doesn't then it is the low pads warning sensor.

I would buy either of the following depending on what is on your Master Cylinder

T64015 BRAKE PAD SET-FR TEXTAR 306 WITH ATE 26.50
    T64022 BRAKE PAD SET-FR TEXTAR 306 FRT GIRLING 22.50 Add

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The GSF prices are in pounds unless you are looking at an Irish site. They charge 10 euro for delivery.

Dont forget to phone the Dublin branch! Otherwise you'll get hit for charges on poastge.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Howdy MadMerc, wasnt expecting such a helpful specific reply, thanks! Thought i`d be off to a specific pug forum.
    Firstly the "sensor " reference on the brake pads has nothing to do with ABS. This is a wear sensor not an ABS sensor.
    Thanks for clearing that up! :o

I checked under the bonnet, and thers a sticker on the frame near my leftheadlight with the word "LUCAS" on it. So i`d need "T64022 BRAKE PAD SET-FR TEXTAR 306 FRT GIRLING 22.50 Add" of the ones you reccommended, yeah? Have these ones a sensor, if i put pads on with no wear sensor, does this mean the low pad warning light on the dash would not come on when in use with pads with no sensors.

Also, i checked my pug manual, and the light thats continously on is definitely the ABS light, and not the front brake pads warning sign. The reason i was looking for new pads, is cause the brakes were squealing a bit as of late and are bit slack, so i reckon ill need new ones soon.

My manual also says that if the ABS malfunction, you still have normal use of traditional brakes, so i think thats just a faulty sensor or something cause the brakes have worked no bother,,, no point wasting money to get it checked out so. :D

Hey Mike, i was thinking it was in pounds alright. I was on the .com site. I wasnt aware they had a shop in Ireland. thanks for the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 grk_car

MercMad, your insights helped me a lot, too. I've had problems lately with my brake pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Give it up already grk!! It's getting old fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Unreal. grk_car banned!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement