Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV and Home Cinema Help Needed

Options
  • 24-06-2005 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Just kitting out my new house which should be ready in about 2 months and am looking at getting a 32" flat widescreen and also home cinema. Here are my problems:
    TV: Is 100Hz worth getting over 50Hz (most of my viewing is DVD and tv is analog rebeamer of 4 irish and bbc1, 2 and UTV, C4. Also Panasonic or Philips or JVC (seem to be only brands on show)
    Also been looknig at DVD and surround packages and all in one seem to be the best. Only trouble is I want a DVD recorder but am willing to wait til next year when more available cheaper, question is can I connect a recorder to a DVD player all in one surround system? or do I even need to be able to connect them together, could my aerial go to dvd recorder and onto tv, while my dvd player/surround system also connects into tv? (Panasonic seem to have a powerful surround system for cheap)
    Lastly, I want to lay wires under floor before I lay it, where can I buy wiring for surround speakers if I haven't my system bought by then?

Any help folks much appreciated!

Advertisement